Friday, May 11, 2007

Absolute Randomness

So the other day we were at On the Border eating dinner and I had to use the bathroom. Now these seems normal, but I was the kid growing up that HAD to use the bathroom wherever we went...not because I actually had to go, but more because I just wanted to see the bathroom and what it looked like...yeah I know I'm weird. See the blog about friends...the bathroom was my favorite place growing up and I have no idea why.

So back to On the Border...I walk to the bathroom and realize that I have never used their bathroom...this of course strikes me as odd because well I always go check out bathrooms...but the randomness doesn't stop there...I come out and I wash my hands. As I turn around to throw away my paper towel I read the sign that 99.2% of all public restaurant/stores bathrooms have...ALL EMPLOYEES MUST WASH HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK. While this is a nice thought, I found myself wondering...how many employees ACTUALLY wash their hands before returning to work...and if they don't is there a hand washing nazi that actually enforces that little sign or is it just there to tell the public that if they get change back and it smells like poop it's not their fault their employee is lame and didn't wash their hands...there is a sign telling them to do so in the bathroom so therefore it is not the company's fault? I have always chuckled at those signs because I guess deep down I have always wondered who enforced that rule...

I said it was absolute randomness!!

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

hmmmmm i think its those see through mirrors someone sits in there and watches us wash our hands!

Stephanie said...

Working in a restaurant, I couldn't imagine not washing my hands after going to the bathroom...but it does make you wonder if their are people who don't...what a sick thought.