Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dispicable Woman

Ok so this is going to have to be a really short blog (chances are I say that and it won't be) filled with a lot of anger. Dave's mom will not be here for his graduation...ok we knew this and while it irritated me to no end he just kept saying he was fine with it. She is coming up in two weeks for a wedding and he didn't want her to have to miss the wedding (hello moms out there this is a no brainer you come to both!). Well yesterday I made the mistake of mentioning that he was walking. She bursts into tears because she had no idea he was walking he told her he wasn't. #1 I guarantee you that I told her before he was walking to make her feel like a terrible mom because after yesterday that's what I think she is! I wanted her to feel guilty for not being at her son's college graduation. #2 I tried to be nice and help this bawling mom! I found a plane ticket that would have left today (keep in mind I am purchasing this ticket the DAY BEFORE she should leave...prices should be outrageous) and she would have gone back tomorrow because she has to work...so she wouldn't even be here 24 hours. She would make graduation only missing one day of work that she said was easy to cover and oh wait here's the part that should seal the deal...the ticket is only $296.20!!!!!!!!!!! AND I OFFERED TO PAY FOR HALF SO SHE COULD COME!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said with it being that cheap she could afford it alone so I am so excited. We were going to surprise him tonight by just having her here when he got home from work and how great that would be for him.

BUT OF COURSE WE CAN'T DO THAT BECUASE SHE IS A SELFISH PERSON!!!!!!! After I spent my entrie lunch hour, and most of my transition time between teaching looking up tickets and arranging it so she wouldn't miss work today...this woman comes up with every freaking excuse you can imagine. "No one will cover...the tires on the jeep are bad and i'm afraid to drive it san diego...I can't just call in sick...I can't get everything done before I leave...plus other endless bull shit!" Why didn't she just say...I"m a selfish person who is passing up the opportunity of a lifetime to see my son graduate and weeks down the road I am going to regret it but thanks for asking me to come anyways! That would have saved me time...or the even shorter statement...I SUCK AS A MOM!

Now I do understand that I dropped this on her last minute (however, we shouldn't even be having this conversation becuase a good mom would have already had a plane ticket to her son's graduation!!!) but she works at the good will and I know she could have gotten friday off. She told me so earlier in the day and then it just changed over and over and over. So unfortunately Dave was talking to her on the phone when he walked in from work and I was livid...why because she was avoiding my call back to tell me that no she wasn't coming. Instead she tried to look like sally good mom and tell him that we tried EVERYTHING to get her here and how bad she feels! Guess what part she left out...the part about how I offered to pay for the incredibly cheap plane ticket (might I add that she paid for his brothers' plane tickets to reno in two weeks and she bought them 2 months ago and they were $400 each!!! but I found a ticket for $296 the day before leaving UGH!) or how I offered to miss my softball game tonight so that I could pick her up at the airport so she had a later flight that worked better for her? OF COURSE SHE DIDN"T!!!!!! I pretty much told Dave I thought she was an awful mom and I ended up crying becuase I remember how much my mom cried when she wasn't physically healthy enough to make the drive to Reno and had to miss my graduation...and I ended up crying becuase I know deep down he wants his mom to be here but doesn't want her to feel guilty.

She asked me to take lots of pictures...which I will however I will NOT share them with her!! You all on the other hand will have some nice pictures to see soon!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So what new is going on??

misguidedmommy said...

your officially fired from blogging!!!!!