Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wyoming was...

interesting! We got back late Sunday night and I have been working around the house to get settled back in from the trip. While we had a lot of fun in Wyoming, it wasn't exactly the greatest trip ever. There was a lot of fighting and a lot of hurt feelings and then it spilled over after we got home. Fortunately the fighting wasn't between Dave and I!

When we got there we stayed with Gabe and Bri. I really like these guys and was looking forward to a great weekend. It was Dave's and Gabe's 10 year class reunion and it was also Jubilee Days which is a big event wrapping up the rodeo leading to Frontier Days and the big rodeo in Cheyenne. So I knew we were going to have a great time. Unfortunately Bri had other plans.

As soon as we got there on Wednesday she started ragging on Gabe about drinking. Let's preface that Gabe drinks a lot and probably is an alcoholic. You can just see her tense up if she knows he's had one drink, and I understand that part of it. The person I dated before Dave loved to drink and I used to feel the same way. I'm sure I had a few immature blow ups in front of friends about his drinking, but I was 19...she is going to be 30 in December! So I do understand where she is coming from in that aspect of everything. However, I think she can talk to him about these things behind closed doors. It really isn't our business, but she doesn't care. She says it all in front of us, making us very uncomfortable.

Thursday afternoon we went to lunch and she was still at home working (she does daycare at her house). She told us she got off at 2. We said we would be back before 2 so we could all go do something. She got off early and instead of calling us and asking where we were to meet us, she blew up and this started the weekend off terribly. We came home and she had gone shopping so we called her. When she got to the house she yelled at Gabe because their daughter was sound asleep on the couch next to him. She was so comfy that after Bri demanded that she sleep in her bed and took her upstairs, Lexi walked right back down the stairs and layed on the couch and went back to sleep. After that Gabe said screw it let's go and we all went to the bowling alley. This is where I had a little too much fun!!

See apparently at the bowling alley (and I say apparently because I DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!) I drank redbull and vodkas. I remember the first 3 and apparently the next 1 hit me like a ton of bricks. Therefore I do not remember leaving the Lanes, going to eat dinner at a restaurant where I put on quite the show, or leaving there to go home. Did I mention that I was home by like 10 because it was around 3ish when we went to go bowling. I figure I was good the first two hours and then I was a mess. I'll admit I was an absolute jackass that night! I was so embarrassed the next morning I didn't want to go around any of those people. But you know what everyone said, we've all been there everyone's been drunk before, at least I knew they weren't mad. I on the other hand was mortified by my behavior and therefore did not have a drop of a drink the remainder of my time there!! When I got home I wanted to talk to Bri so I woke her up (or so I thought, Dave said she was already awake). The next morning I apologized for waking her up and she didn't talk to me for the rest of the weekend. I tried to blow it off thinking she was just upset with her husband, but by Sunday afternoon I was a little annoyed because she talked to everyone at lunch except me. Came home thought she would just get over it. Went to Gabe's myspace yesterday and there was a nice comment on his page about how I was a stupid hurtful bitch and she had deleted me off of her friends. Ok that did it! I didn't do anything to her so I sent Gabe an email. I figured I would give him a chance to write to me and explain before I wrote her and screamed at her! I didn't hear back from him yet, but last night she called me.

I was a little surprised to see her name come up on my phone so I answered, ready to have words because that's what I thought she was calling about. She's very insecure and I figured Gabe told her I wrote him today about the comment and then she was calling to rip me one for that. Nope she called to apologize! I must say I was a bit shocked and the short version of that call was she apologized over and over again and said she did it just to be hurtful and she realized that she was being mad at the wrong person. I told her I agreed and that's what I thought until yesterday morning when I read her comment and I told her that was pretty rude and immature. I was honest and told her how uncomfortable she made me feel all weekend long and she apologized again and again. There's no point in dwelling on it so I told her that I was really glad she called and that I appreciated the fact that she apologized. We just needed to move on. She was like no it's not ok and I just told her there's nothing we can do to change it. Everyone is human and everyone makes mistakes.

So our trip went from fun, to shitty, to fun, to uncomfortable to coming home and having the shittiness continue to everything being back to normal! Let's just say I'm more than happy to be home! But I'm also more than happy that things are better between her and I because I wouldn't want anything to come between Dave and Gabe's friendship. And the only other good thing that came from our trip was we were able to spend time with Juan and Christina and I was able to get to know them. They were the friends that saved us Saturday morning so we weren't trapped in the house when the big fighting went down! They are both awesome but Christina and I get along really good! I had a lot of fun with them and they made the bad parts of the trip good so I'm happy for that!

4 comments:

Jayla'sMommy said...

Welcome back!!!!
I'm glad that that girl ended up apologizing and that you talked about everything. I always absolutely totally hate confrontation and try to avoid it at all costs so I would have probably not answered the phone :( Good that you were the bigger person, answered your phone and actually talked to her about it, especially because she's with your soon to be husband's friend!
Definitely sounds like you had quite an eventful weekend!

Shawna said...

Glad you are back. Eh...I hate drama, there is probably a lot more going on in that girl's life then anyone knows.

I got a lot of catching up to do on your blog.

misguidedmommy said...

i dont think its fair that you didnt tell us the stupid shit you did when you were drunk

Lainey-Paney said...

My Goodness.
I'm worn out just reading about it. I'm sure it was all very exhausting!