Tuesday, July 29, 2008

200 big ones

Yep this is my 200th post! Not so great considering I've been on this over a year haha! But oh well it's 200...felt like some milestone to me!

I have a very busy week ahead of me. For starters, Thursday is my birthday! I am turning 26 yay...I think. That's the down hill side to 30 and I'm not sure how I feel on that one. I'm sure I'll get over it but time sure is flying by.

Last Saturday the 26th, marked 4 years since my mom passed away and tomorrow will be 4years since we buried her...makes for a fun birthday the day after no? I was at the lake when someone asked the date...I said the 26th, realized the date, thought about my mom and tried to make the best of my weekend. Not too bad this year...but don't worry, I'll have many an obstacle come October to think about my mom.

Then on Friday my friend Shasta comes into town for my bridal shower on Saturday and the bachelorette party that night. I'm excited to see her and actually get to spend some time with her. Our visits are usually so short so it will be nice to have some quality time. Then Brian the best man comes in Saturday morning for the bachelor party. We decided to do the parties far from the wedding date so that these out of towners could have a chance to come and they are both coming and that is way exciting to us!

I'm stoked for my bridal shower...it's a cooking shower. The invitations turned out so cute and it's being thrown by a co-worker of mine. She has been awesome to me through this wedding planning process and she said in the very beginning that she would fill all those mom like roles if I ever wanted her to. I can't say enough how great she has been...anyway back to my fun shower! The invitations all say let's teach angie how to cook! Totally me! So we get to cook all these recipes up and then everyone brings me a simple recipe to share. Fun fun fun!

That night we are going out for our parties. I know we are doing dinner, something in the middle that is fun and silly and then heading downtown. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun pictures from the night!

I know I've been a sucky blogger, but I'm hoping after this week I get one more week to do whatever I want before school stuff starts. I plan on taking lots of time to myself!! All this little wedding stuff that I thought would be so much fun in the summer time is sucking! The little stuff is all the hard stuff!

1 comment:

Just Jiff said...

Well, enjoy the little "hard" stuff. I didn't do nearly as much preparation as you are for yours.. but just relax, know that the wedding is a day, but your marriage is a lifetime. In other words...don't stress!! :)