Monday, August 11, 2008

The Cooking Bridal Shower

Wow I've totally slacked...I apologize now and have much to blog about. I am supposed to be at Walmart making a CD of pictures so that we can start working on our slideshow for the reception. That will take me oh like over an hour because I have many pictures to scan. Then I'm supposed to be at school working in my classroom because school starts in two weeks and I have nothing done! But instead I feel I owe some good blogs and chose to procrastinate just a little longer.

Shari, the most wonderful woman in the world, or Mama Bear as we like to call her threw me a bridal shower. I was very excited because it wasn't going to be a normal bridal shower. It was a cooking shower and everyone was going to be working on making something for us to eat. Then everyone brought recipes that were easy for me to make! You know I'm cooking challenged but the shower proved to be a great thing. I got this great cookbook from Monica's mom called Anyone Can Cook. It's the best! Dave has gone through and picked out dinners this past week (the nights we were home) and I cooked them up. I wasn't even nervous...I figured if I screwed them up oh well we started over or found something different. So far I have made pulled pork sandwiches and last night I made an AWESOME Buffalo chicken pizza. It was by far my favorite!! Anyway, here are a few pictures from the bridal shower...I won't over do it with pictures because it takes so long to load the stupid things, but for those of you who are on my myspace (I'm pretty sure all of you that read me regularly are on my myspace) the pictures will all be there.


My cute little apron that Chrissy got me...it says Mrs. Reeder and then my favorite saying of live, laugh, love. Plus she's super thoughtful and it is yellow, my mom's favorite color.


All the girls...well the ones that were still there...we were missing a few


Monica and Shasta...Shasta had to work really hard to make my little bouquet for the rehersal dinner...we only had one bow!


The best man in the whole entire world! Literally...Dave was supposed to pick Bubba up when he was done golfing around 12 and golf ran over and when the shower was over Dave showed up. Thank god Bubba is a good man and can go with the flow...he was there the entire shower. He made friends with Shari's husband Don!


All the bridesmaids minus Kayla...she wasn't here :(

So needless to say it was really fun. I learned how to cook a few things and best of all I got over my "fear" of cooking if you will. I learned that if you mess it up it's not the end of the world and sometimes you can improvise on your recipes. The best thing about the shower?? Dave finds my new cooking skills sexy haha!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun!! Cooking can be fun and that cook book reminds me the movie Ratatouille. The kids LOVE that movie.