Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Dresses

I went to try on dresses tonight. I can't say that I was dying with excitement but after I put on the first dress I was a little more bride like. I tried on about 7 dresses and I can't say that I found one that I was just in love with that I couldn't live without. The last three we tried on were more of just seeing if I liked a halter or strapless because everything I had tried on previously was strapless. There were 4 dresses that I liked and had her write down. I didn't feel like the lady was all that helpful. She was nice, but I kind of felt like she was rushing us and that she didn't really want to bring more dresses and that after trying on 4 dresses I should know which one I want to buy! She had another girl come in so maybe she was actually feeling rushed but still I didn't get a good vibe from her in the helpful department. So here are the four dresses that I liked. I won't say which one is my favorite because I don't want to influence anyone's thoughts on the dresses. Please remember that you are looking at the dress here. Ignore the nerdy looks on my face, the closed eyes, and the hair that looks like it had an encounter with a weed whacker! Let me know which dresses you guys like...I hope you can see them good enough in the pictures.
Dress #1


Dress #2

Dress #3

And finally Dress #4

So there you go ladies...after you all comment I will post another blog letting you know which ones I like more than the others or what I like about each one.

6 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

i like #1 the best, i tried on # 2, # 4 looks nice. however i HATE formals with a passion (is that where you were or were you at davids bridal?) do not go to formals. you should go to grandmas bridal over by best wishes and franktown square, they are really nice and have such pretty dresses, i got mine there. i looooove them there. davids bridal has a huge huge selection. also, i think it looks like all the dresses you tried on were diamond white or bright white. i dont like the uber white you should do a slight off white. my dress was a slight off white and it looked soooo much better with our skin tone and stuff, plus you are even darker then me so i really recommend going with the little bit of off white. if you check out my love story page you can see that while mine looks white it isn't that weird bright white (also to be totally honest i really think bright white dresses look cheap and sun valleyish...like all those 18 year old girls who go buy the trashiest princess dress possible).

anyway i really suggest checking out grandmas house of bridal. davids is the best for bridesmade dresses because they have them all there, you can mix and match, and they also offer plus size and maternity dresses in case any of your married friends get knocked up by then. almost all the dresses at davids are shown in diamond or bright white but can be ordered in a cream or off white. however i really like the bunching on the side in number one its way slimming and i just love those kind of dresses. i for sure think strapless though. dont go sweetheart cut though.

misguidedmommy said...

k so i went back and looked again, you were at davids not formals, phew DO NOT GO TO FORMALS EVER EVER EVER EVER! anyway. i like that back of number one, it kinda has extra length but not to much of a train. i dont like the train in the others at all on you, its just not your style, and i really really hate number two, the length is all wrong, i dont like how it is the same length all the way around on the bottom, i dont like the fold over on the top, i hated the dress on me too. I still vote for number one! #4 is really nice but i hate the train and i don't like the beading for you. as long as i've known you you've never been too into dresses or being overly fancy and i dont think your wedding day is a day to be someone your not. so i vote simple, elegant and understated like #1. dammit now you know i'm going to end up on davids website looking at dresses so expect and email from me soon...but really really i like #1 it really seems more your style, understated elegance not frou frou overly fancy.

Jayla'sMommy said...

I LOVE the first dress!!!! You look so great!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the first dress the most. I also like the top of the fourth one, but no so much the bottom of it.

Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful but I like # 3. YOu look great!

Stephanie said...

I think I like #1 the best. Very pretty!!!