Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Let the Madness Begin!

It's been a while since I have written...I seem to want to do everything else at night besides write on a blog (oh and grade papers...I REALLY need to grade papers!)

I spent most of the weekend Christmas shopping! I was ready to kill people by the time I made it to Target. The traffic on Virginia St. was RIDICULOUS!! It took 25 minutes to get from the Peppermill down to the mall! YUCK. Add to that the idiots that can't drive in the snow and you have a pissed off afternoon in the making. We got shopping done for my nephew...we are going to get Dave's nephew a few more little things and then my niece. Adult wise we have nothing done! I do however have Dave done which is nice. Now I just need to get him out of the house so I can wrap the stuff.

Tomorrow I am going to try on wedding dresses! YAY...I think! I'm not exactly super excited to be doing this. I know I need to start looking because I know I am going to be really picky. And I know they need a lot of time to order it and make alterations and clearly I am going to be a skinny hot mama by my wedding...think skinnier! My dad was all stressed that I was going to buy this tomorrow and what if I gained 10 lbs or lost 10 lbs (he said that to save face!)...so I had to explain that I was just looking tomorrow. I really want to figure out my bridesmaids dresses because my friend Shasta is coming up in January and I want to be able to show her things that I have picked out because we are having a wedding planning weekend together! But finding a dress has been the last thing on my mind and I"m not sure why. Were all you married gals excited to find your dresses or no? Either way...I will post pictures tomorrow night so you can all see some differnet styles and give me your thoughts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think most girls look forward to picking that perfect dress. Your wedding is something you think about as a little girl. When I got engaged and actually set a date one of my bridesmaids and my aunt went out and bought me a bunch of wedding magazines. I flipped thru them and found a dress I really liked. I ripped it out of the magazine and put it in my purse. When I was ready to start looking, Shannon and I went down to a bridal shop. I pulled out my magazine page and asked if they had that dress. To my suprise they did. I tried it on and it looked great. That was the only dress I ever tried on.

Stephanie said...

That will be fun. I have gone with my best friend the few times that she has gone looking. It is such a fun experience. She is super picky though (I know I will be too), but it is fun to do, at least being on my side. I definitely am excited to see pictures!