Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wedding Planning Update

Jen is feeling very neglected and wanted to know where the fook I was!! So I figured I better write because she is going to have that baby soon and then she won't be able to read all my posts and comments and I will be very sad!!!

Church Stuff:
We went and took our focus inventory on Tuesday at the church. It was actually really interesting, but at the same time after I left I felt like I was going to come out like the bad Catholic and they were going to go um...you know you can't get married here. There were a lot of questions that were repeated or just worded differently. They covered having children, finances, in-laws, our sex life and pretty much every other aspect of being married. There were of course some church questions and I answered some the way I figured they wanted them answered and then I answered some the way I really felt...hence why I will be the bad catholic girl that they will want to shun. The lady took my test and since I was done before Dave I said "but on the back it says we are supposed to go over our statements before we go to the marriage therapist." She never knew the test booklet said that and so I asked if we could and she said yes. Hello I was going to make sure Dave answered all the questions right haha!! So it was interesting and I did feel a bit like she was not real keen on the idea that we live together and we aren't married, but Fr. Tony didn't seen to have a problem with it so...she doesn't count over him haha!

DJ:
We met our DJ last night. He was really relaxed and seemed really prepared. He told us that he likes to be involved in the planning of the reception because that is his job...he's the professional and I was all about help because I don't know how it's supposed to go. He answered all of our questions and seems like he is going to be a lot of fun at the reception. I am really looking forward to working with him. He was also giving us ways to save money saying that most people don't do the champange toasts anymore because no one like champange and it's spendy. He was telling us about a drink in hand toast where everyone just makes sure they have a drink and he said we could save about $2-300! He also said we should check out Scolari's for flowers. He said they are the only grocery store that actually has a licensed florist and they do beautiful work. He said we would also pay about half the price of a florist. I know Shannon did hers through Costco (at least I think that's what she told me) but she was also creative enough to put them together...me not so much! So I'm really excited to work with him and have him help us with some of the planning. I feel like I have him as a wedding coordinator and then Tonya at Boomtown is like a wedding coordinator too! Sweet!

Other than wedding stuff not much is going on. I did all my Christmas cards already...we just did a photo Christmas card. It's the first time I've done those and they turned out really cute...plus hello no writing other than addresses. I got them all done last night in like 30 minutes!

If I can think of anything else to write about today I promise Jen I will! I do still have to write about the award Stephanie gave me and she also tagged me for something. So I will work on that tonight after I write out bills YUCK!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most people think I'm nuts but all the stuff the church made us do to get married in the church is awesome. It seems like a drag when you hear everything you have to do, but SO totally worth it all!

Anonymous said...

I tagged you on something else too, so conside that your weekend "homework" ;)

So glad things are moving along well!

misguidedmommy said...

i was just gona say i remember lisa having to take that test thingy

Excellent Parent said...

Wish I could do the flowers!

Excellent Parent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lainey-Paney said...

ahhhh....wedding planning.
so many little details....

Jen said...

OMG I am soo behind on my blog reading! Sheesh! Ok - so in order to get married in the Catholic church you have to take a test?? Hmm... interesting...

It's soo exciting that you are really getting things organized. That is soo cool that you have help now. I would never have really thought of the DJ as a wedding coordinator-type but it TOTALLY makes sense!

YAY!