Thursday, November 15, 2007

Funeral Potatoes

Ok so you all asked what the hell funeral potatoes were. They are a potato casserole and I believe they got their name because they are easy to make and a lot of people bring them for funerals or take them to the grieving family so they don't have to worry about dinner. I will have to find the recipe for you guys but here's the gist....

You take the frozen hashbrowns and you mix in cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix and sour cream and cheese...after you bake that all together for a while then you take it out, stir it up and then you melt a little butter in a bowl and put cornflakes in there...once they are buttery you spread them across the top and add more cheese if you want. Bake again and they are ready to go. The original recipe doesn't call for onion soup mix...that's something my sister added. I accidentally made it one time and forgot the onion soup mix and they were way bland...I thought they had no flavor and I told her good call for adding that little flavorful treat in there!

As soon as I get my recipe stuff out I will post it up here. I am off to watch Grey's Anatomy now though...maybe you can have your recipe after that haha!

6 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

no part of this sounds good eewwwwww omg nooooooooo

Stephanie said...

I think it sounds delicious.

Jen said...

OMG that sounds soooo SOOO GOOD! And SO not a part of ANY of our diets. Wah! : (

Anonymous said...

Those sound like pure awfulness, barf!

misguidedmommy said...

THANK GOSH SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME

Anonymous said...

It sounds good to me and it sounds easy to make!