Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Let the Planning Begin!!

Now that there is a ring on the finger, clearly I can start planning my little heart out right? WRONG! Ok well I am planning even though Dave is like oh my god can we just enjoy the engagement for a while...uh hello we enjoyed it the rest of the weekend in Disneyland and we enjoyed it the week we came home...now it's time to get down to business!

We have picked a date...October 25, 2008...it's exactly one year that we will be engaged. We had no idea how to go about picking a date or anything and we saw that day was a Saturday so we went with that. There goes my summer wedding plans hello fall wedding!

I have started looking around at places because yes I am breaking code and getting married here in Reno and not going home to Winnemucca! It will be easier for me to plan if all the people I have to meet with are here instead of a 2 hour away drive and I can't expect my sister to go and do all my errands for me...hello she has a family too and 2 very active children. She's a busy woman and doesn't need to be running around doing all my errands. I think we are going to get married in a church and we are leaning towards having our reception at Boomtown. I have heard from three different people that their receptions were wonderful up there and that the woman is really easy to work with. She even sets up and cleans up for you. Chrissy's reception was there and it was gorgeous! They do a nice job and it's reasonably priced.

Dave's cousin was married this summer and I was looking at their pictures...they are really nice and she is also real reasonable. I called her yesterday because I had the little reminder in my email to view Karmella and Chris' pictures and she seems like she would be easy to work with. We are going to set up a consultation with her for next week and will probably end up going with her.

So that takes care of (or at least I am pretty sure if we go with these places and people that it's done) date, catering, reception and photos! Four big things out of the way and only about a billion more to go!

In other exciting news I have lost 8lbs since joining the Tuesday Tummy Tuck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a Bride-To-Be with a plan. How awesome for getting 4 big things out of the way. I'm so impressed.

Stephanie said...

Great job! How exciting for you!! :)

Jen said...

Ugh I totally meant to comment yesterday! AAHHH OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT's REALLY HAPPENING! YAY!

Have you checked out WeddingChannel.com? I soo would have used this to help plan my wedding if I had had a whole year to count down to everything. You need a wedding binder! Stat!

What kind of dress are you thinking!??

AHH! YAy! FUN!