Monday, October 29, 2007

All the details

Now that I have had time to come home and actually relax, I can finally post about my weekend. I will leave out all the boring stuff for you guys and get right to the engagement. We had a fun trip all around and it was a great time. I couldn't have asked for a better time. We got there way late Wednesday night after getting lost in the ghetto (thank you OnStar for saving our asses!) and went straight to sleep. Thursday morning we got up and headed to the park. We checked out the line for the new Nemo ride and saw it was already ridiculous after the park only being open for 10 minutes. We decided we would go to the Matterhorn. Here was where Dave started to act weird...actually he was weird all morning and really quiet. The sign clearly states that the bigger person goes in the back! Picture to prove it!! So I said that I should ride in the back of him...he insisted that he would not do this. I thought fine whatever it's your legs that are going to get spread apart like a wishbone when my fat butt sits between them! I could not sit behind him I later found out because the ring was in his waste band and I would have felt it! Then we go to Peter Pan and while in line (apparently very sneakily since neither Chrissy nor I heard them talking about this) Chrissy's husband Eric was giving Dave shit. He said so are you going to do it or what...and to his surprise and everyone else on the trip, Dave said YES! Eric was like oh! So they began talking about how this was all going to happen. The plan was to walk under the little castle tunnel and right out in front of it. This could not happen because there was a show in front of the castle. We wandered back and forth and as we got to the front of the castle, the show ended. I took a bunch of pictures of the characters (because I clearly act 6 when in Disneyland) and we headed to the bathroom. After coming out of the bathroom (where I have decided the boys plotted this all out) both boys were ADAMANT about taking our pictures in front of the castle. I thought this to be weird but Dave said well there's no one out there right now so there won't be a bunch of people in our pictures. Good enough reason for me! We walk out there and he says "we'll take one of us, one of them and then one of the four of us". Clearly the boy wants the damn pictures and he has really put some thought into this...still I have no clue and have not caught on. After they both yell at us telling Chrissy to get out of the first picture and that we would be going first, Chrissy and I were getting a little annoyed about the damn picture! I go up there and Eric is way back like he's taking a picture only his sneaky ass is videoing it! Dave put his arm around me for the picture and he said (you all asked for details you are literally getting the play by play from this point to the end of the next few sentences!) Babe...(here I can now see Chrissy out of the corner of my eye frantically throwing stuff out of the backpack to get the video camera all the while yelling at Eric for not telling her this was going to happen now so she could have been prepared)...I love you...(still watching Chrissy and listening to Dave...brain going in slow motion starting to think something very weird is up)...and I was wondering (brain has now figured out holy shit this is going to actually happen like NOW)...if you would marry me (him now down on one knee with my beautiful ring in hand!)...(me crying...Chrissy saying oh my gosh YAYAYAYAYAYA...Eric laughing and Dave still waiting for an answer!) I nod yes and he puts the ring on! I now dance around like a freaking sprite on crack saying yay in a very high pitched voice. Chrissy continues to try to video all the while trying to hug me and video the ground while trying to find my ring. If I could figure out how to put it on here you would die laughing at me! Dave even teared up and Chrissy caught that on tape too which was way cute!

He said he wanted to make sure he did it early because he didn't want to lose the ring on a ride. He said his mind went completely blank when he walked up there and started to put his arm around me. I said that was ok because it was simple and sweet and I probably wouldn't have remembered much more! We called my sister who we had to wait forever to meet and she of course came over and bawled. So it was nice to have them there to celebrate if you will. Here's a few pictures from the trip:

I absolutely love my ring. It is simple and perfect for me! He did a fantastic job considering that I haven't seen the ring since our first trip to Roger's last year!






Right after the engagement. I thought I really had to have these wedding ears...until I realized they were $24 and I really didn't have to have them that much anymore! I was over it and I could settle for the picture. We never did find the groom hat with ears.







And just a few favorites. The first one is of Chrissy and I and the next one is of the four of us. We took an ungodly amount of pictures but I figured I'd share just a few for now.







Where I was proposed to!!








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO happy for you!!! What a sweet proposal. I LOVE your ring it's BEAUTIFUL. You both look so happy! What a great place for a proposal. Congratulations once again.

P.S. Load the video on You Tube and then it will give you the HTML code you can paste in the blog. We have to see it :)

misguidedmommy said...

how awesome. love the ring. are you already saying my fiance this my fiance that?

Shawna said...

Congratulations. How exciting. You look so happy. And your ring is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Awwww :))
I love the pics and your ring is beautiful :))
Congrats again!!!!!

Jen said...

Ahh! OMG I just totally cried a little!! Oh gosh he is sooo cute! I am soo glad he finally did it! Your ring is gorgeous! AHH!

Ok. Now: Let's plan a WEDDING!!

:-D

Stephanie said...

Congratulations my dear! The ring is so pretty. I am so happy for you and what an awesome proposal. I love the pictures!!! :)