Thursday, October 18, 2007

Good to be home

So I haven't posted in like a week on here because I've been so busy over on the Tuesday Tummy Tuck blog. So therefore I have been neglecting this wonderful blog!

Dave got home Monday night...yes that's right I said MONDAY! They were supposed to come on home Tuesday and I figured he wouldn't get home early so I was admittedly a little bummed. Monday night at about midnight my cell phone goes off because I have a text. I remember looking over thinking gosh I just wish that was Dave! I open it up in my half sleepy state and is says "How much do you miss me?" WAIT OH MY GOSH DID THAT REALLY SAY FROM DAVE?? I said um hello a ton and where are you...I was hoping that if he was in Fernley he would drive home even though that was really selfish of me considering that it was midnight and they had already driven forever. His response was I'm at the door! What a great surprise...I told him he was lucky...if I wouldn't have heard my phone and he would have walked in I would have been scared shitless!

In other boring news...I had my evaluation yesterday. I have always had good evaluations but this year I was nervous. Not nervous because I was questioning my ability to teach. Just nervous because I felt like this was my first real observation. My old principal dozed off during the observations and my old VP never really cared and just said oh you are doing fine. But my new principal, who I do adore, has never observed me. We had to fill out paper work and get all this stuff ready for him. You know like a real honest to god observation! Anyway he came in and was really impressed with my teaching. He said that my kids and I had a good rapport together and that I did a good job of involving all of my students. This made me feel good because making sure I call on all of my students always is something that I concentrate on. To sum up the whole day he said and yes I quote (and toot my horn all in one sentence) "Watching you teach today was the highlight of my day!" Yeah I rock I know!

7 days until we leave for Disneyland! I am so beyond excited I can't even begin to tell you. I have a good feeling like something is actually going to happen but I could still be wrong. I told Dave that I joined the Tuesday Tummy Tuck blog in order to lose some pounds. I said then I will be all ready to get into a wedding dress if you ever propose...he said you think so huh with a little smirk! And he has been way lovey (yeah probably because he's been gone a week) so I'm hoping. Otherwise as Jen said he will definitely be a Cromagnon Man!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the GREAT evaluation! I know how stressfull that must be. My 7th grade teacher used to "teach" us the class ahead of time and tell us to participate the next day so she could look good. I always thought that was HYSTERICAL!

I'm so jealous you are going to Disneyland! Have fun!

I like the "hint" about looking good for a wedding dress. Nice Touch! Good Luck!

Jen said...

YAY! OMG Ang I am so excited for your trip. Hehe! Also congrats on the good evaluation.

So TIRED TODAY!