Thursday, October 11, 2007

Freaking out a little less

After I wrote my post yesterday about Freaking Out, I freaked out that I had even written it. I mean if I put it in writing then it must be true!! After listening to Chrissy and Jen I have decided that I'm ok with a little flirting and a little crushing. It's normal to find things appealing about the opposite sex whether it be their physical appearance or their personality. It's healthy to still want others to find you attractive or enjoy your company and want to be around you. It becomes unhealthy when you cross the line physically or become too emotionally invested in the person. Since I already know that physically, as in the bedroom, there is nothing there then I have nothing to worry about. As Jen's husband put it..."I don't care where you get your appetite as long as you come home to eat!" I liked his analogy and I told Jen I was stealing it! Oh and thanks Jen for all the awesome advice!

Our other friend Christine called tonight and she said you know he's totally got a crush on you. I was overwhelmed with the freaked out feelings like everyone knows this and I'm apparently the one that was clueless to start with. I was rushed with feelings like people actually think we have something going on and that's not true. But then I just told her...apparently we enjoy each other's company, we fill some void for each other and as long as I eat at my own house I'm fine!! Of course I had to explain where the hell this random comment came from but hey it works for me.

So I feel a little better today about the whole thing. He took me to my car after school (I had the oil and stuff all changed before our trip) and then tomorrow I have to pick him up because he is having his car worked on. I made sure his wife was aware of BOTH situations and she was cool this time. So that also made me feel better.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay! See? No reason to freak out. It's all good!