Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Darkness

Since Dave is out of town I am obviously staying by myself...this means that I must turn on my OCD about the dark and have a fit about every single noise that I hear. Last week Quincy got out of his kennel somehow and tore up the house...like ripped down three sets of blinds and ruined them! Broke plates, trashed the bathroom, cleared the kitchen counters...you get the picture. So I have a huge freaking window with no blinds on it while Dave is gone! I do not like this...the computer sits right next to it (it's a sliding glass door) and I am having a hell of a time sitting here next to the dark open window typing becuase I am just positive that I am going to turn around and some man is going to be standing there looking at me...yes having a slight panic attack as we speak!

My alone in the dark OCD is so bad that when Dave said well honey just make sure the bar is down and the door is locked that I looked at him like he was speaking Chinese to me. I lock every door when he isn't here including the bedroom door! I lock myself in so that no one can get me! I have resorted to putting a blanket up the best I can so that no one can see in my window...did I mention that the window is in the backyard surrounded by a fence and no one can see into it...YEAH I DON'T CARE! I still freak out about it because I hate the dark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to have a slumber party??

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

hahahhahhahaahah, I am so scared of the dark too and will think I hear noises all the time. I am such a baby. Good luck with that!

Jen said...

Hahaha! I have JUST now gotten to the point where I can sleep withOUT having the hall light on while Erick is gone. I think the only reason I have been able to sleep is sheer EXHAUSTION!

Anonymous said...

You are sooo not alone in this. I'm scared of the dark too and when I first moved into my apt I had to keep a light on in my bedroom. OMG! I freaking bought a little nite light!

2 years later I'm finally OK with being in thhe dark in my apartment. I still keep a stool by the front door...in case someone tries to get in I'll hear the stool slam against the closet door.

I live in an 11 floor building with at least 20 apartments on my floor and I'm still scared! I think if I lived in a house I'd have constant panic attacks. I'm nuts I know!