Friday, February 01, 2008

Chapter 13: Lisa's Wedding

Now is the time when things start to get a little more interesting in the old story. My childhood friend Lisa was getting married. She had asked me to be in the wedding and I of course said yes. We hadn't ever really lost touch, but we were much closer when we were younger. Then in high school we just had different friends so we didn't talk much, but it's not like anything bad happened between us. So at first when she called I was flattered and then I thought, wait why did she pick me we haven't talked in years? Since the wedding, we have rekindled the old friendship and chat much more often!

Anyway back to where I was going...Teela was a girl that was also in the wedding. She lived with Lisa at the time and they were both going to school to be accountants. If you have read before, Teela is now in my wedding.

Lisa's wedding was up in Winnemucca. Well Teela had never been up there and of course it was going home to me. Well I thought I would be the nice host after the rehersal dinner and thought we would hang out and I would show her a good time at the bar. Lisa was worried that I was going to keep her out too late and said Teela couldn't stay the night with me...what the Hell? Apparently I had a reputation of being a partier? I think not! We ended up having a great time and one of the groomsman kept giving me the eye! Well I had a few cocktails and started flirting back. Then I found out he was married and high tailed my shit right back to Teela!

We were getting to know each other that night so I thought that we could share some stories because clearly we would not be hanging out besides the wedding and she was a safe person because she didnt' know my friends. So I poured my guts about this guy I liked to her and Lisa. It felt great to get it all off my chest. The wedding came and was beautiful. Teela and I danced the night away and had fun because we were the only single people at the wedding and the invite list was on average over 50 years old! So we pretty much stuck together. I learned she was recently out of a relationship and I continued to pour my guts out to this girl. The next day we went to the little brunch with the wedding party. Teela was talking about her birthday later on in the week and how all of her friends from Vegas were home because it was summer and school was out. I said well we could get together and just have a drink.

We made plans to go out for her birthday and have a few cocktails. We had so much fun that night that we decided to go out and have a drink with my friend Eric the next night. Yep that would be the Eric and Teela that you have all heard me talk about. Eric and Teela hit it off and she became an instant part of our group! While I am very excited that she did become a part of our group and we did become great friends, the whole time I was only thinking one thing...

I just spilled my guts to this girl and now she is going to be around all these people that I have been talking about...she doesn't know that my friends don't know! What the hell am I going to do to get her to keep her mouth shut?!?!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

It sounds like love was in the air.