Monday, March 17, 2008

Wyoming

I have been slacking on blogging I know...bad blogger! I'm doing my best to catch you all up a little tonight.
Wyoming was wonderful. I would probably live there in a heartbeat. It was the first time that we were on vacation that I didn't wonder about my school, or my friends here. I just enjoyed my time and actually felt sad when we left to come home. Everyone up there made me feel right at home and it was wonderful to meet them all.
We stayed with Gabe and Bri...they have a daughter, Lexi, and then Bri's daughter, Kelsey. They are such adorable girls! They call call Dave "Cracker" because he was the only white guy they hung out with...they are all mexican (although you can't really tell because they are pretty white mexicans!). Lexi only calls him cracker too so I had to laugh everytime she would go Kra-ker to call his name. The day we went to Fort Collins, Kelsey decided that I should be cheese because Crackers and Cheese go together. There you go, I left with a new nickname too!
Saturday night was a ton of fun. They had a party for us and then we all went out. Gabe had been telling me that I couldn't hang drinking with the big boys and that the elevation would kill me if I tried (it's like 7100 ft up there!). Well I don't back down to a challenge...just kidding but I did pace myself and show them that I could hang with the big boys. I think we ended up going to bed around 7am that next morning...a very good time had by all I must say. I was able to meet all the friends this night and our best man Bubba...ok his name is Brian, but I rarely hear him called that! It's always Bubba. Let me tell you...I am thrilled to know that Gabe and Bubba are in our wedding. It makes me feel better knowing how much the love Dave and how good of friends they are. They got along great with me and I really like them. It's probably why I felt so at home with them up there!
Then we went to Fort Collins on Monday because there were a few restaurants that Dave wanted to eat at. We did a little shopping and just looked around town. Then it was back home to hang out with more friends again. We went to see Bubba and his wife...they are expecting their first child and she is due like anytime. She is actually trying to hold the baby in...now it's ok to deliver but she has been in labor for 2 months! It was nice to sit and visit with them too.
I have tons of pictures and I would love to put them up but I so hate loading pictures on here...but ok I love pictures too much and must share just a few. Most of you that read here are on my myspace and there are tons of pictures on there!

Gabe and Bri

"Cheese" Lexi and "Cracker"

The boys: Dave, Gabe, Greg and Bubba

Jolene, Gabe and Me...breakfast at 3am after many drinks...yes I thought W.S.Y.A.M (Would Shannon Yell at Me) but then I thought yes she would but she would also be very proud of the 50 billion other important changes I made on this trip and she would let this one slide!

Bubba had to cheers the engaged couple and tell us how much he loved us and how happy he was for us and all that other drunk mushy gushy stuff!

Dress up on Sunday: I forgot to tell you about this while the boys were sleeping off their hangovers, we girls played dress up! Could Lexi seriously get any cuter with her boa? I think not!

I also forgot to tell you we went ice skating on Tuesday. It was lots of fun and we pretty much had the rink to ourselves.

Cheers at the Library: Seriously it's a bar called the Library and they sell shirts that say don't lie to your mom, tell her your at the Library!

Gabe, Bubba and Dave...the boys in our wedding!

4 comments:

kat said...

Awesome. Thanks for the update and the pictures.

misguidedmommy said...

so did you have a cute dress up name like mrs flubberush or something?

Stephanie said...

How wonderful. Looks like you had a great time. YAY!!! I love the pictures.

Lainey-Paney said...

that Lexi is adorable!

looks like you guys had a ton of fun!