Friday, June 20, 2008

Let's Talk about my Week

Yes, let's talk about my week shall we. Lisa commented that it was summer and I was supposed to be blogging a lot more. This is true unfortunately I forgot about my classes this week and the one next week...after that then I swear I will have all day to blog. But for now let's talk about my week.

Starting Sunday night we went for a bike ride. It was a nice ride and we enjoyed it...until we came home and found that our dog had gotten out of his kennel. That is never a good thing because he destroys the house looking for Dave. You see our dog has seperation anxiety and a freaking bad case of it. So we put him in the kennel when we leave. Now he has figured out how to get out of it. Monday the same thing happened and then when we put him back in and Dave rigged the hell out of it with tie down straps thinking there's no way in hell he could possibly get out now...he got out again! We ran to PetSmart with literally 2 minutes before they close and bought a new kennel. I had a theory that when he got out of his kennel when we were in Texas, he bent the pegs of the door. So I figured (and prayed) that was why he was getting out and we figured that a new kennel would do the trick. You see he never used to get out of his kennel this is a new thing.

Even though we had the new kennel, I still wasn't brave enough to put him in it while we were gone on Tuesday. Fortunately the class I am currently in allows me to work in my classroom all day so I took him to school with me and he was exceptionally well behaved. That night we put him in his kennel while we went out to grab dinner and he did a good job. Wednesday he was in his kennel all day again and he did fine...Thursday too. So I was relaxing because obviously my theory was right and he was just getting out because that kennel was bent. My theory was right until last night when we came home from my softball game and he was out again. That little fucker keeps messing up my bread...sorry follow the side note here. You see when he gets out he knocks everything off of my kitchen counter. But he's got it out for my bread and my tortillas. He doesn't eat them, he just trampels them into dust. I have gone through 2 loaves of bread this week, both of which I haven't even gotten a piece of! Last night for good measure that fucker pissed on my bread! He didn't chew it at all...he knocked it off the counter into the middle of the kitchen floor and pissed on it! UGH!!!! Has he not seen the price of bread these days???

So today I went to the vet with him because he needs meds for this seperation anxiety. If meds don't help him, there's no way we can keep him and that makes me really sad. We already saved him from the pound when he was taken there in the first place, I don't want to have to be the person that has to take him somewhere and just leave him. So we are hoping that these meds work...my dog is officially now on prozac!!!

The next fun thing about my week is the MIL! Oh my god when I don't think I can possibly lose any more respect for the woman she reaches a new high (or rather low!) and proves me wrong. Now she is busy out drinking and driving while 4-wheeling! When her kids call her out on it, he responses vary from oh well it's not like we got in trouble, to oh my god we aren't going to wreck on the dirt roads (that don't happen to be maintained like normal streets and did I mention that it's in the dark when they are doing this!!!) Then she has some girl staying at her house that is like my age and her and Kayla want the girl to leave but no one will tell her to. So now she is busy having slumber parties! Then we talked about the wedding and she was shocked that she needed to pay for the DJ so soon (ok so we lied but the woman doesn't have a good track record with money) and was all put out. I got annoyed and Dave called her today and stood up to her which I was very proud of. He said you know we just don't want the time to come and then you tell us that you can't pay. He then reminded her that she said she was going to pay for the rehersal dinner too. Remember way back when when I said we wanted to see how much things cost and then we would let her know what we would like help with and she told me that she was going to pay for the DJ and the rehersal dinner because that's what Dave's aunt and uncle paid for last summer for their son's wedding? Yeah apparently she didn't remember. So then I started yelling in the background that it's ridiculous and if she would like I would jog her memory about the conversation where she told me this. Then she gets all defensive and says well what is your dad paying for...you know we should be splitting this in half! Yeah well he's paying for flowers and pictures...which cost more than what all she is paying for!! I'm even doing a BBQ for my rehersal dinner so that it's a little cheaper plus it's really what I want, but still it wont' be hardly anything at all for her to pay for that! God I swear I am just going to find the balls to just lay into her here soon!! I told Dave it's no skin off my back if she doesn't like me...my mom always had a saying when boyfriends broke up with me in high school. You lived without him the first 16 years of your life...you can live without him for the next 16. Well same can be said about her!!!

Needless to say I am sitting here drinking a glass of wine!! I think I might have found one I actually like!!

5 comments:

Shawna said...

Are the meds working for the dog?

The dog we just had to put to sleep (sob) had some anxiety issues too, especially in his younger years. They sell stuff at pet stores it is some kind of herbal remedy called "doggie downers" or something like that, it is suppose to help. It didn't work much for us so we got a prescription from the vet called Acepromazine, which worked like a champ. It isn't for everyday use just for times when you know you are going to be away or times when you know they are going to be anxious. Our dog had A LOT of anxiety about fireworks. Poor doggy and poor you, I LOL about the dog knowing the price of bread.

Sorry about the MIL too.

Shawna said...

Are the meds working for the dog?

The dog we just had to put to sleep (sob) had some anxiety issues too, especially in his younger years. They sell stuff at pet stores it is some kind of herbal remedy called "doggie downers" or something like that, it is suppose to help. It didn't work much for us so we got a prescription from the vet called Acepromazine, which worked like a champ. It isn't for everyday use just for times when you know you are going to be away or times when you know they are going to be anxious. Our dog had A LOT of anxiety about fireworks. Poor doggy and poor you, I LOL about the dog knowing the price of bread.

Sorry about the MIL too.

Anonymous said...

How is the doggie doing? I really hope the meds are working.

UGH! MIL issues. I remember you blogged (or maybe it was in an email you todl me) about the conversation about the DJ & rehearsal dinner how can she not???
Double UGH! Hope it works out.

Lainey-Paney said...

Wedding planning brings out the worst in people. I swear, it does.

...and um---yes, you can be killed on a 3 wheeler or 4 wheeler, even on dirt roads.

My cousin was in an accident on one. He survived---but he hit a hole or dip or something. Somehow, he was thrown off the vehicle, and the thing landed on top of him---namely on his head & face. He had to have all kinds of surgery on his face & have his jaw wired shut. It was awful!

So, she's an idiot if she thinks it's okay to drink & drive one of those.

misguidedmommy said...

i really like your moms saying