Monday, June 09, 2008

The Trip to Texas

Our trip went really well. We had a lot of fun, but it was really fast. It seemed like our trip was really long, but at the same time it went by really fast if that makes any sense at all! It was nice to see the boys of course and even better to finally meet their dad and the guy that Dave and Kayla have the utmost respect for. After about 5 minutes with him, I quickly figured out why they had this respect for him. He's a great guy!

Thursday when we got there we just hung out around the house and visited with everyone. Denise, the boys' stepmom, had her son and his wife coming in that night at like 7 so we waited and when they got there we all had a nice dinner together. We ended up running to WalMart to buy Daunte, Dave's nephew a slip and slide because there is no grass for him to have one in Arizona...he loved it to say the least!! Here's a few pictures from that night!

Friday was the day that their mom flew in. We all went out to dinner that night and then the kids went to pick her and their grandma up from their airport. All in all she wasn't that bad. Don't get me wrong there were a few times when I wanted to kill her and then at the graduation party we didn't exactly see eye to eye and I let her know that one. The night she flew in Dave asked her if she planned on changing before we all had to go out in public with her! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of that outfit so you will have to paint the picture with my details. She was wearing a really cute pair of jean capris...and a white shirt...nothing too bad until we all realized that she shirt was like a mid-drift and was showing her tummy! Hello did you forget that you are like 46ish or so?? Dave was less than impressed and she was like oh my god I was just trying to be comfy on the plane...Dave's response was for who?? She spent the entire night taking pictures of all the kids. I swear we had to stop every 5 feet to take pictures. But it was probably nice so she has some good pictures of her and the kids. We stayed out really late that night and then had to get up for graduation the next morning. Here's a few pictures from Friday night out with her at the RiverWalk.

Dave's mom and all her kids: Dave, Robert, Brian and Kayla

Me and Dave for one of our many pictures


Saturday was graduation. Robert woke me up very early to ask me if I would go shopping with him. He said his girlfriend had called and she was worried because he didn't have slacks to wear and a tie. So at 7am we were off to find him some cute clothes. He said he picked me because I could color coordinate and make him look good (my sister said he must be blind haha! She thinks I have no fashion sense!). It was fun because he and I went alone and we got to spend some time together. Here's how he looked before graduation. I think I did a pretty good job.




We headed to graduation and Dave's mom and grandma became huge pains. They kept calling because we were running behind and they were freaking out. I'm shocked they made it there on time! But they called like 5 times in 3 minutes no exaggeration either! The graduation was good and we got lots of cute pictures afterwards. Here's just a few! The last two are from his graduation party. That was a lot of fun too and there are seriously too many pictures! So I just picked my two favorties haha!



The Graduate!!

Robert, Denise and Bruce

Us with Robert

All the kids

Robert and his parents

Robert and his pretty girlfriend Courtney

I ♥ my brother in law!


I love this raspberry rum stuff!!


So Dave's mom did end up coming to the graduation party. Bruce was nice to her and she was bitter through much of the evening. She made several comments that a lot of the stuff they had up on the walls was stuff that her and Bruce had in their house. She was very scarce much of the night and either hung out with the boys or tried to avoid everyone all together. I think she stayed a little over an hour and then used some dumb excuse that she had to get back before it was dark. I said I thought that was dumb (she chose to stay on the opposite side of town instead of where she was originally going to stay) and that there was no reason for her not to stay for a while. She said she just wanted to leave and was acting all poor pitty me and I just said that it was time for me to go outside before some heads had to roll. I didn't even get up to acknowledge her leaving. Bruce laughed at this and said are you the one in there talking all naughty? I said if you mean regarding your ex-wife why yes I am! The kids all said that he wouldn't talk bad about her to anyone...I proved them wrong! I told him I didn't agree with the way that she treated her kids and that she wasn't even going to come out there for the party. His jaw dropped and I said that I told her she was going because the weekend wasn't about her it was about Robert! Then after Bruce had a few more cocktails he really let it fly with me and we sat and laughed forever!! We asked him and Denise to be a part of our wedding and Denise said oh jesus that isn't going to go over well! Again I said you know what...it's not about her it's about us and David would like to acknowledge you as a set of parents at his wedding so she can get over herself!! Denise about died and I said you've heard of a sperm donor...at times I think she was just an incubation pod and then we all had a good laugh! Raspberry rum will do that to you.

Overall the mom was pretty nice to me. She tried to be nice anyway and at times was like over the top nice...to the point of being fake! We shall see how she continues. Her husband just left this weekend so now she is free of that. She still has the divorce and stuff but I'm sure she'll be out acting like a teenager here real soon!!


4 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

:)
Awwww. and yes, his little girlfriend IS so cute. They're a cute little couple.

Glad you enjoyed Texas.

misguidedmommy said...

so. you look way skinnier, but, umm your boobs are still giant GIANT!

also can you please take an updated photo for the blog, a full body shot, in a summery outfit! kthx

Anonymous said...

So what happened to that whole "ooooh its summer vacation, I am gonna be blogging all the time now" thing? Just wondering.

Stephanie said...

Um, what happened to you??? :)