Thursday, April 19, 2007

Graduation and such

So I am very proud of Dave for finishing school. He is going to graduate in May and this makes me very proud of him. I remember what a bitch college can be and he is trying to do it while working full time. So naturally I want to have a little BBQ Graduation Party. Get the friends together and have a nice time. What a nice girlfriend right...WRONG!

So I asked him last night to tell me who he wanted to invite. You see sometimes it is difficult to mix two couples of our friends because one is our friends we have hung out with forever, and one is a work friend of mine that Dave had known before. Well one of the boys thinks the other is just a jackass (have you figured out that the boy that is the jackass is my friend Eric...Oddly enough they are both named Eric). So that poses a problem because Chrissy and her husband offered to have it at their house. And then we have to invite all the friends that always cause drama...it was just going to be a mess in my world so I asked him to tell me who he wanted to invite. Our converstation went like this...

Ang: Who all do you want to come to your grad party?

Dave: I don't care

Ang: Well I'm not sure who all to invite so let me know who you want?

Dave: (Now being a jerk) Invite everyone!

Ang: Ok I don't know who "everyone" entails so could you please just tell me...you would think you would be appreciative that I want to have a nice party in your honor.

Dave: I really don't care...I don't even want a stupid party.

Ang: (Me looking very hurt and at the same time completely annoyed) Why wouldn't you want one? It would be nice to have everyone together!

Dave: If you know anything about me you know I hate parties.

Enter me not speaking to him now. I have no idea what the deal is with having a freaking party. I know he doesn't like to open presents in front of people, but hello it will probably all be cards and you can just open them at home. Other than that I don't know what the hell his problem is.

So my question...do I actually listen to him and not plan a party or do I take it as he is just being modest like girls would and then if I don't plan him one he is going to have hurt feelings?

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

no party....if he wants to do something he will, but i say just leave it be.

Stephanie said...

My feelings would have been hurt too...