Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Question Game

Ok so Shannon and some of her other blogger buddies have done this game and I thought it would be fun to try out. So these are the five questions that Shannon asked me.

1. Why did you become a teacher and are there days you regret it?
I think I have always wanted to become and teacher and it wasn't until I got into the actual classroom that I figured out why. The first day that I saw the light bulb go off for a child, I knew why I wanted to be a teacher. When you see them understand something for the first time, or see them finally get something that they have been working so hard to get it is the most rewarding feeling in the entire world. So that's why I became a teacher ( I believe there is another blog down below that goes into this more in depth). Are there days I regret it...YES! Ok not really. Today for example I wanted to pull my hair out because this little boy would not shut up and follow directions. He was just go go go all day long and he would never just quit or he kept saying totally smart ass things. It's moments like that that I don't regret teaching...I regret not being able to cuss at them and tell them to shut the hell up and follow my damn directions haha!! No child, even my hardest little boy from last year has made me regret teaching...there have however been times when I wanted to strangle colleauges...I guess that only made me want to teach more so I could get the shitty teachers out haha!

2. If I could go back and tell my mom any one thing what would it be?
Hmm here is a super tough one. I think the day my moms cancer finally hit me was the day I told my mom everything about my personal life in high school. I told her I was having sex, when I lost my virginity and told her that I really wanted an open relationship with her. So I can't say there is anything that I regret not saying or that I feel like I didn't get to tell her. I guess there are two things I wish I could have told her...one was that the night of her rosary I wrote her a letter...I poured my heart out into three pages in less than 20 minutes. I told her how I appreciated all the times she made my curfew 30 minutes earlier than everyone elses, because usually the trouble always happened in that 30 minutes. I told her how I got why I was never allowed to do somethings and that I"m glad I had those restrictions because they made me a better person...filled the letter with that kind of stuff. So I wish that she could have actually heard all that stuff and that it was just sitting in her casket never being read again. The other thing that I really really wish I could have told her about my first day of teaching. She died the month before I began teaching. So her birthday isn't too bad for me, the day she died, other holidays don't bother me much (although I am a shitty teacher at mother's day because I am very bitter that I don't have my mom here to celebrate it with and that my snotty little kids are asses to their moms and don't appreciate them). But the day that bothers me the most is the first day or week of school. I always get sad driving to school in the mornings and meeting my kids for the first time. I always wish that I could call her at lunch and tell her all about my new class and hear her say "that's great babe I'm proud of you..." No one and I mean NO ONE can say that statement and mean it as much as my mom did...ask my sister she tried. She sucks at being my mom!

I also wish Dave could have known her. He only met her once and I don't think he can really appreciate what I really think of my mom. She told me once that she wanted to know who the boy was that put a smile back on my face...I know she approved of him then!

3. Your stranded on a desert island, you can bring three things, they can not be electric, food or drink, what are they?
What a great question. The first thing I would bring would be pictures from home. I am a picture freak and I have tons and tons of pictures. So I would have to bring pictures with me. I would also bring this pink blanket that I bought at Target. It was on sale for like 4 bucks and it is the thinnest blanket you have ever seen. It is however also one of the warmest blankets I have ever used. For being such a chincy looking blanket it warms you up in like 2 minutes. It's made of terry cloth and fleece and it's my favorite. Hmm the other thing I would have to bring would be a suduko book...it would keep me entertained and I couldn't really think of anything else to bring so I needed entertainment.

4. What is one quality from how you were raised that you hope you don't utilize in your own parenting?
Hmm yet another great question. As I said above, I have come to an understanding about my stupid curfew always being before my friends by 30 minutes and I kid you not it was always 30 minutes before them. So I wouldn't change all those weird kinds of things because I get why she did them. But my mom was a yeller. I notice that my sister yells at her kids a lot. Neither one of them spank their kids, but they yell all the time and I think that yelling can hurt just as much sometimes if it is done long enough. So I hope that I will be able to control my anger better and not be such a yeller...hopefully I will have better patience and I won't blow up at my kids over silly little things.

5. What is one thing you wish you could learn to do?
Wow there are a lot of things I wish I could do better...like draw, play softball (I just learned that) those kinds of things. But I think one thing I would really like to learn to do would be take photography pictures. And not just pictures like the kinds that I take now...the really neat pictures that people have of old benches and random flowers...and to make them in black and white. I would love to learn to do that...I think it would be fun and I would of course have pictures all over my house because I am a picture freak!!

So that's the game...if you want to play let me know and I"ll email you five questions. It was really fun and Shannon's questions were awesome!

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

so you had me all choked up for a second then you write..
my sister sucks at being my mom..
and i about fell off my bed that was so damn funny! i don't even think it was meant to be, but it was hilarious. ha ha..i've always wanted to take pictures to. all of my blogger friends are extra good at it and when i try i end up with a picture of a forhead or a toe...so frustrating