Monday, September 10, 2007

All the blogs I've needed to write...

Ok I have tons to write about and I was sick this weekend which is why I didn't get them up this weekend. So here is all of the blogs I have had to write about:

#1 - Quincy and his ungodly vet bill! Ok last Thursday (like a full week ago!) I came home and Quincy had pooped all over his kennel. Ugh he was sick. So I let him out and threw the kennel outside...well while he was out there he went to the bathroom like a straight 10 minutes...so I thought geez he is really sick. Then I brought him in and gave him a bath. Yeah disgusting! Well as soon as I let him out, he went running back outside and again like a straight 10 minutes and then he threw up a huge pile of ickiness. Well never having had a dog before this struck me as weird (yes I am now aware that I probably over reacted to start with) so I tried calling Dave. He didn't answer becuase he was getting a hair cut. Long story short I took the dog to the vet and they basically told me that he had a tummy ache...the damage: $451.07!!! HOLY SHIT! UGH so I was very disheartened over this damn bill but happy there was nothing seriously wrong with my dog!

#2 - Burning Man and the missing boys. Again you can have the condensed version. Dave and his dad had a great time other than the icky weather. They decided that since they had never stayed for the Sunday night burning that they would this year. Well of course there is no cell service out there so Dave couldn't call and say hey plans had changed. I was expecting Dave back in Reno sometime around 10-11 on that Sunday night. Yeah I got no sleep becuase I was really worried about them. We had heard there were some wrecks out there and I got nervous becuase they NEVER stay for Sunday. His dad finally called me on Monday morning at like 7:30 to say they were home and Dave was in the shower. How my genius boyfriend didn't think to call me first is a whole other story! It took them 8 hours to get home from there due to the traffic. Yeah needless to say they won't be staying next year until sunday but rather leaving at the butt crack of dawn that day to avoid some traffic!

#3 - My friend Jeremy was here this weekend. God bless the kid...he was hit by a drunk driver when he was younger and we became friends in high school. There are times when he just drives me absolutely bonkers but this weekend he made some great strides for himself. I don't baby him at all...in fact I can be kinda bitchy and mean to him because everyone else babies him and he is never going to be able to do stuff on his own. Before he could drive to the University Inn and that was it. Then he learned how to do that and drive to my house (fortunately I have always lived off of McCarran in some direction). This year he stayed at our house to go to the hot air balloon races. I was not getting up at 4am to take him so if he wanted to go he had to learn how to drive up there. He did and that was pretty big for him. He also learned how to drive to my school from the park, and how to get back to the mall from the park. Pretty good steps for him!

I think that's all I have to blog about for now...if I missed something I'll go back and read that post and see what I missed!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh gosh I totally sympathize with the vet bill. We took Layla to the ER vet on a Sunday because her eyes were so gooped up she could barely open them. A few hundred dollars in useless tests later they gave us some $15 eye drops that cleared everything right up! I was like UMMM WTF!? Thanks?

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, I hope your pooch feels better soon!

Our Eddie was so sick that he almost died. Our vet bill was up there. The vet let us pay it out b/c he needed surgery & IV antibiotics, and had to stay there for days & days. Ugh. Unexpected expense...but worth it.