Thursday, September 27, 2007

Music and Love

Music is probably one of my favorite things. I listen to music on absolutely every occassion and I am pretty sure that there are certain songs that were written especially for me (well not for me but I can completely relate to them so you get the point).

One of the fun things that Dave and I do is play songs for each other. Every once in a while I will find a real sentimental song (yes I am an admitted sap!) and play it for him. Usually it brings a tear to his eye (and yes he would kill me if I said that) For example, I found this song when he was away one weekend called say yes. It's all about asking a girl to be in your wedding telling her how wonderful it would be to walk down the aisle and blah blah blah it's a proposal song. Hello perfect song for people that love music. So I played it and he of course teared up. Lately, he has been playing all of these retarded songs becuase if Dave isn't sarcastic 95% of his day he might die. Tonight I came home and he was like I have a song to play for you. I thought oh boy here we go again. Corny as this may be I have to post the lyrics here for you all to read:

You're the angel in my pocket
You're that whisper in my head
You're the perfume on my dirty shirt
The favorite words I've ever said
You're the edge I've just stepped off of
You're the sunlight throught my window pane
You're the road I wanna break down on in the pouring rain

'Cause I know I"m not easy to hold but you've reached me baby
You saved me from me before I was too far gone
Girl I love you for taking me on

I spent my life spinning my wheels
But I was getting no where fast
You took my foot off the gas
You brought me miles from where you found me
And now I ain't going back

Ok that's enough of the lyrics for you to get the point. The chourus especially speaks true because dating him is truly taking on a lot. He is so relationship wearly and a disaster when it comes to this stuff that it's not just dating someone as much as it is working on the relationship, but in good ways. So I just thought that was a very cute song. Corny I know but I just absolutely love love music!!!

I'll be back later tonight to write the in law type blog!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awwwwwwwww! Ok so is he going to propose already?! Or maybe he is just pulling an ERICK where he has the whole proposal planned out like TWO years ahead of time and is waiting for a PARTICULAR PLACE AND TIME and OMG so frustrating for the girl!

Jen said...

Angie if you don't post a blog pretty soon I am going to have to come down there and beat you up!

Eh- I know you're busy... but I'm BORED! :o)