Thursday, September 27, 2007

Phew

I haven't been able to write on here for a while. It just seems that I am getting home from school around 5ish then we have dinner together, then I grade papers and some where in between all of this I would actually like to spend time with Dave. So I have been putting off writing blogs (not that I've had anything all that interesting to talk about) and trying to speed read in the morning after my shower all of the blogs I like to read.

One fun thing that did happen a few weeks ago was parent night at my school. Had the best turn out ever...tons of parents were there and it was great. Till that last parent was there and he's a nasty stakerish kinda guy. I was prepared for him and my principal was super cool and kept coming in to get this guy out of my room. Well when I asked my principal if he would be around, he said yeah and then hesitated and said call my cell phone if you can't find me. Well he was thinking that I didn't want to be alone with this dad (which I didnt' but I could handle) but I really had a question for him (boring teacher stuff). He finally came in and made the dad leave which was nice. Well to make a long story short...a new fifth grade teacher has the sibling of my student with this dad so we were sharing funny parent stories and I said he talked to my boobs all night becuase he did. I have had parents talk to me and glance down at my boobs, but at least they could make eye contact. This guy was exactly the opposite...he talked to my boobs like they were acknowledging him and then he would occassionally glance up at my eyes. It didn't bother me I was just saying it was funny. I have big boobs...tell me that if a woman walks by and has big knockers you don't sneak a glance and think holy shit she has big tits! So people look whatever. Well this new teacher went to the principal and told him how UNCOMFORTABLE I was and that I was terrified to come talk to him about it!

WTF! Hello I played softball with this guy and have had way more conversations with him than her. If I was bothered I would go see him and tell him, I wouldn't be embarrassed or bothered so I was annoyed she said something. You ask how I knew she said something? Because I went into his office to ask a question and he immediately started apologizing to me. I was obviously confused and then when I realized that we were talking about my boobs I was like uh...what the hell am I supposed to say. So I said what I said to you guys "Boss, I have big boobs people look at them I wasn't uncomfortable about that I just didn't want to be here all night because that dad wouldn't shut up!" Does it sound like I have a problem telling him things? NO! He laughed but he really was concerned that he had let me down and that I could come talk to him and that I had felt uncomfortable and he didn't want that. Which was very thoughtful and nice but all the while I was thinking...and I know I have caught him glancing at the twins on more than one occassion!!!!

Hmm I think that's about all for now...I'm trying to put my thoughts together to write a blog very similar to Shannon's today because I know exactly how she is feeling and I don't quite understand that point of it either!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Haha! Yeah... You just get used to certain KINDS of attention from the opposite sex when you have certain, um.. "assets". You even get attention from the same sex for that matter. Sometimes I really just wish people would mind their own Buisnnnnnnnnaaaaaaazzzzzz.