Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Meme

Ok I was going to write about all of those things in order, but Jen gets priority because she has waited oh so patiently for me to do the meme she tagged me for! So I am supposed to write 7 weird or quirky facts about myself...


#1 - I must do things on the hour, half hour or every 15 minutes. I will not get out of bed in the morning unless it is an "even number" as I call the hours, half hours and 15 minutes. Example: I set my alarm for 6:30 am. I then hit snooze...well that means I have to hit snooze 3 more times until I will get out of bed...becuase that would make it 6:45 am. I don't care if I am going to end up being late...if I hit snooze again at 6:45am, I will not get up until 7 am. I do have to say that I have gotten a little better about this because sometimes if it is 6:40 I will drag myself out of bed but if it goes to 6:41, nope gotta wait! This also applies to things I do in my classroom...I have computers this year starting at 12:45 instead of 1 and I think that is just ridiculous! Things like events or classes should always start on the hour!

#2 - I cannot for any reason stand blood in my mouth (the taste of blood) or see it in anyone else's mouth. It literally makes me gag and want to throw up. You could have a gash the size of Texas on your leg to where I could see bone and I wouldn't flinch...but last year I had a little girl who had her tooth pulled out and I was helping her change the guaze out because when she returned to class she was still bleeding quite a bit. I gagged...everytime I had to help her my class would bust up laughing! Even she felt bad because as we are throwing stuff away, I am heaving over the garbage can...the same said day I cleaned up a knee that had a huge gash on it...didn't bother me a bit!

#3 - EVERYTHING must be symmetrical in my world. And by everything I mean absolutely everything. I will not hang a picture frame on opposing walls unless there is another one for the other wall. I have three pictures hanging on my wall and there are now three pictures on the wall on the other side of the entry way. They also must go like this (think of paper and setting up a word document) portrait, landscape, portrait. On the other wall they go landscape, portrait, landscape. So not only much the be symmetrical, they must also be complimentary and be opposites of each other to balance. I am incredibly anal about this from my house, to my classroom, to general things in my life. If you are friends with me at some point, I have made you change something because it wasn't symmetrical. I honestly bought Chrissy another picture frame because she had hung up this one cute one but didn't get another one...therefore her wall was unsymmetrical and bothered me! I fixed it for her and she filled it with pictures of us because I am so damn quirky she said!

#4 - Colors were meant to be complimentary that's why we have a color wheel. In my classroom if I write a poster, it is done in complimentary colors. Red is underlined with green, blue with orange and purple with yellow. My homework folders are yellow and purple, my tubs all match my color groups and every poster in my room is done with complimentary colors. And I refuse to put the colors red and pink together for any reason other than Valentine's day...

#5 - I have weird food things...I like to eat salty flavored things with sweet things...I like to eat M&Ms and something salty like Ritz crackers. Dave also says I am weird because when I get chicken nuggets I have to have three different sauces to dip in. Not one...3. And I dip in a certain order. First Hot Mustard...then sweet and sour and then BBQ.

That's all I can think of for now...I still owe Jen two more and I promise I will get them up here!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh Ang you would totally DIE at my house. I am a total ASYMMETRICAL person. I can't STAND symmetry so everything in my house is non-symmetrical. It is all balanced, mind you- but not matching. At all. Whatsoever. You would go crazy.