Saturday, March 10, 2007

A New Approach

After the last golfing day in Fernley, Dave and I had a fight. He thought I didn't trust him because of the things I said and I said it had nothing to do with trust. It had to do with inconsideration and lying about stupid stuff. The boys are out golfing again today because it is our friend Eric's birthday. So I said on Wednesday that Saturday should be an interesting night. They are out drinking all day and drinking in our group of friends just never seems to mix well as the night goes on. Dave tried to bring up the trust thing again. I quickly pointed out that if it was trust in his eyes, then apparently I didn't trust him because he always proved me right. He always did what his friends wanted and never thought for himself. He lied for stupid reasons and took his sweet time because that's what his friends wanted to do. So he wanted to know what he could do to change my thoughts. I said it was simple, prove me wrong. When you go out with the boys avoid doing all the things I am sure you are going to do. Prove me wrong and don't do them. Very simple.

So today he left and asked if I would take his truck to have his tires balanced and rotated. On my previous blog about this subject, Shannon suggested that I just send him a message saying that I hoped he was having a good time. (The previous golf date I left him alone and never wrote him or bothered him thinking he was enjoying his time with the boys and wouldn't want me pestering him, yet he was shocked when I didn't write him.) So while I was taking his truck down to the shop, I thought about this. I thought maybe instead of writing or calling him, I will just do something nice for him. I was going to take a different approach to the whole weekend in general. I am going to be nice...not just for the sake of getting along nice, but really genuinely nice. No arguing, no getting upset over anything little just be nice and go with the flow. (I say this now if any of you would like to check on me around 7 p.m. tonight when we are all at dinner it could be a different story) Instead of writing him, I went and washed his truck, vaccuumed it out, put the airfreshener in that I know he really likes, and cleaned all the puppy nose prints off of the windows. I figured that I would surprise him with this when we all meet up tonight for dinner. I drove home and grabbed lunch. As I was eating, I got a text message from him. He asked how I was doing and I thought it was very nice of him to think of me while he was out with the boys. Nice to know that I crossed his mind and it wasn't a total rag session on what shits their girlfriends are. So...I wrote back and told him what I had done for him and said I hoped that he was having a good time. He responded to tell me that I was the best! He seemed to want to chit chat a little, but I just wrote and said have fun see you when you get home so that I didn't bother him.

Apparently my new approach to doing nice things and not letting the little things bother me is already working. Karma is on my side! That or he is finally going to prove me wrong and do the nice things that make me feel good too...which in that case GREAT! I would love to be proved wrong in this instance!

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

Yay for you. That was an awesome idea. I really think that being positive is one of the best things you can do. I really have woken up lately just telling myself today i'm going to be happy, and handle things differently. Sooooo, if you feel like you are going to start to freak out later, yahoo or message me and i'll talk you down. also, just remember guys are stupid when they are drunk so don't hold any thing against him, and talk it all out tomorrow. just remember, big smiles and big kisses.