Tuesday, March 06, 2007

What a weekend

Alright I know you have missed my mindless drabble, but geez what a weekend I had. I went home to see my dad. He got to get out of the hospital on Saturday but had to go home with oxygen. He was really pissed because he didn't want to stay and the stupid doctor didn't come in until like 4 on Saturday so he had to sit there and just wait. Oh my gosh he was so angry. Then we got him home with his oxygen and he was a little better. So in that department we are doing ok. He has a follow up on Monday and we will see what happens there.

On my little weekend escapade, Dave and I decided to teach Allie and Anthony (my niece and nephew) how to play Bullshit the card game. We chose to clean it up some and we called it BS. Watching my 5 year old neice play this was hysterical. My nephew is a horrible liar so she just sat there and called BS at the top of her lungs everytime he layed down a card. We finally got him to understand you have to try to lie in the game and keep a straight face, but then we couldn't get her to quit calling it. I had planned to write this blog much earlier, but then after you read the next paragraph you will understand why I was delayed. Anyway I can't remember all of her witty comments, but I have a few. We took the dog for a walk and she informed me that she couldn't wait to grow up. When I said well you are only 5 she reminded me that she "couldn't wait to be 16 so she could be a mommy!" Yeah that's a direct quote. I informed her that she might want to wait a few years AFTER 16 to be a mommy when she has a better idea of what mommies do. Then my sister was telling us a story and she was trying to hide something from my nephew becuase it's a surprise for him and (keep in mind this is maybe a few hours after teaching Allie to play bullshit) my niece proclaimed at the top of her lungs, MAMA THAT'S BULLSHIT...YOU HAVE A HORRIBLE BULLSHIT FACE! I about died laughing right there. I was absolutely classic and I wish I could have had a camera for it. Yeah I then had to "unteach" the game to her...or at least explain that she can only say BS and she can't say the bad word.

To top off my weekend Dave's dad got three flat tires going out to my brother-in-law's family's ranch. Dave went to get him and I had the dog. Who by the way was a pain in the ass! Long story short he sat and whined the whole time even though I was there and then he decided to go into our basement. As I went down to get him, I apparently forgot that there were more stairs and fell down the rest. I landed so hard on my ankle I could barely stand. Now I was pissed at the dog and was in a bad mood myself. I went to the DR yesterday and had X-rays. The wonderful people there received them this morning, however, did not feel it necessary to let me know the results of my own X-ray. I called 4 times today to get some answers. I had a pretty good idea that it wasn't broken but I had fractured the same ankle in high school and had a lot less swelling. It looks like I have a golf ball sticking off my ankle. So I marched to the office today after school and said I have called all day and while you don't feel it necessary to let me know what the hell is going on, I would love to know. My X-rays were normal so no breaks or fractures. Now I just need to get the swelling down and take care of the sprain.

Ugh that was my fun and wonderful weekend. Look for more on the student teaching experience later tonight or tomorrow!

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I WILL WRITE MORE WHEN I STOP LAUGHING MY ASS OFF AT YOU! YOUR NIECE AND NEPHEW ARE FREAKING HILARIOUS!