Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Chapter 24 and a half: The new roommate

I guess before I can really write the next chapter I have to give a bit of an explanation about a new roommate that I had at this time. Kenny, Dave's cousin, was clearly missing Dave just as much as me. We found that when we spent time together, it made missing Dave a little less stressful for us. I was actually living with a teacher from my school at the time, Elizabeth, and she welcomed this extra company too because we had a great time together the three of us. Kenny would stay with us all through the week (he was living in fernley communting to reno each day) and then maybe go home on Saturday and then come back on Sunday.

While that whole month went on, Kenny stayed at our house. When Dave moved back, he just joined in too and started staying with us. The only difference was that once Dave was back, Kenny didn't really go home on the weekends. Dave would go home on the weekends (clearly annoying me because then I felt like I was just a place to stay...you'll see in the next chapter), but Kenny would stay. Elizabeth and I never thought too much of it because we were so used to him being there.

One night things went down between Kenny and I...I'm not sure where exactly it fits in the story because it occurred the month that Dave was away. It's not a topic I prefer to think about, talk about or even hint about, but for the sake of the story, you are going to have to know this even if I have to spare a few details. So it might not fit perfect here, but it's got to be told for the rest of the story to make sense.

The weekend that Elizabeth went to see her husband (she was living with me because he had gotten a job that he had to move for right then so she stayed with me till the end of the school year), Kenny and I went out with Teela and two other friends. We went to Trader Dicks and started drinking scorpions. All five of us shared the first one, the girls shared the second one, and Teela and I drank the last one. Needless to say Teela and I were beyond wasted. This is probably the drunkest I have ever been and the only time that I actually blacked out from drinking (yeah I know...no good!). We moved our party to the Breakaway to see my friend Kevin from there. Well Kenny wasn't as wasted as us so he drove...we got to the breakaway and Aaron was there. Short backgroud, Aaron was the guy I pined over since age 2. We grew up together and I loved him...he was hot and when we got to college I finally hooked up with him. We are talking this is my dream guy. Kenny on the other hand weighed 400lbs (he has since lost almost 200lbs and looks fantastic!). I have pictures of both these boys, but for their sake I won't put them up here. Just keep the mental imagine as I continue...my dream guy and a 400lb guy. At the breakaway I had a special drink the bartender made me..."something sexy". I started drinking these like water and wandering around the bar professing to everyone that I wanted to go home and I wanted to talk to Dave. Aaron was sitting at the bar and he was hitting on me. He was flirty and he kept whispering in my ear "let's just go back to my place...you can sleep there for the night like old times." Uh no thank you...I wanted to talk to Dave! Did you hear that...I just turned down my dream guy and I was WASTED! I was much less drunk the first few times I hooked up with him and allowed my bad judgement to take over there so clearly I was really liking Dave at this point! We decide to leave and someone was clearly looking out for me. Kenny drove us and he was drunk by this point...not a good choice and I have never made a choice like that again!

We took Teela home first. This was when we had all that snow and school was closed for like 3 days. I passed out in the backseat only to wake to Teela's voice saying she's going to kill me. I of course professed my undying drunk love for her even though she had just thrown up all over my car. I was too drunk to care. With all the snow my car got stuck. Since Kenny was driving, my drunk self got out and tried to push. Yeah I ended up face down in the snow. I get back in the car and the next thing I remember was being at my apartment. We had to park far away because all the awnings had collapsed under the snow. I remember getting out of my car and falling and telling kenny to just let me sleep in the snow. And that was the last thing I remembered from the night. I woke up the next morning, in my bed sleeping in the same clothes I was in the night before.

That is where I will leave the story...when I get to the other chapter this fits with it will make sense...you just needed the background to understand when I get there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok if you are telling us all your story you can't really leave out what happened between you and Kenny. And if you aren't gonna say you at least have to give better hints. Did you guys hook up?

Shawna said...

You are seriously cracking me up with this whole 400 lbs thing.

ha ha ha ha ha