Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Chapter 24: A Long Month

Hopefully you guys are all caught up now...I blogged many chapters and then thought I would wait a few days so you could all catch up on reading them before I started more.

Much to my surprise, Dave kept his promise. He did call me everyday. As a matter of fact, I remember he called me on Christmas day and I still have that message saved on my cell phone (I'm a dork yes I am aware of this). The day we left for Arizona was the first day of our relationship. We talked every single day...hours at a time. And little by little, his mother was driving him nuts!! She wouldn't let him leave when he wanted to. One night he wanted to go to Wal-Mart at like 10pm and she blocked his car in, and hid the keys to the truck so that he couldn't move it and leave. Hello nutso! With that on my side, I started trying to convince him to come back home.

The more time we spent on the phone, the more he wanted to come home. He missed me and he was much more open with his feelings. The more his mom pushed and tried to control him, the easier this was getting. He decided on a date to come home and then I started looking for plane tickets. Of course I was going to fly down and make that 12 hour drive home with him. He kept being wishy washy and changing the dates that he was thinking he would come home. I swear to god that it was the longest month of my life! I finally told him one day that I was buying a plane ticket for the weekend of Feb 3 and that's when I was coming down. And that's just what I did.

When I got there, he was waiting for me in his car. I got out and it was butterflies all over again. I was like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning. He gave me a huge hug and then we picked up right where we left off. Oddly enough, there was a point in the weekend where I thought he wasn't going to come home with me and I was freaking out because I only bought a one way plane ticket!!! It appeared that his mom didn't know he was coming home with me and that's where I got my bad rap with her. It's all my fault that he moved back home and she holds that against me to this day. That's fine with me because ever since that day, Dave and I have been inseperable!

No comments: