Monday, June 18, 2007

He asked permission...

Dave asked my dad permission to marry me! That was my surprise. I can only imagine how hard that was for Dave...just him and my dad. You have to know my dad to know that he likes Dave but he isn't going to get all excited and give this huge reaction. I asked Dave what he said and he said that he told my dad the main reason he was there today was to ask his permission to marry Angelique. He knew to use my whole name how freaking cute! My dad hates nicknames becuase that's not what he named us...anyway back to the story. So at first my dad said what...he's 74 hard of hearing...poor Dave started to say it again and then he said oh oh!! My dad got quiet and then told him that he had his permisson...then he got quiet again and told Dave that it didn't matter what he said because I was going to do what I wanted anyway!! POOR DAVE!! He knows my dad so at least he didn't take it the wrong way. Then my dad told him that he appreciated him asking first! Too freaking cute!!! Then they sat and visited for like two hours!! Dave called my sister and went to see them but he never said anything to her. She called my dad and he told her!

So that was my surprise and a darn good one! This means that the proposal can't be too far away!! I'm all giddy like a total dork right now but I think I can be!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is very exciting! I am happy for you. I can't wait to hear how he proposes!

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind I stop by from time to time. Congratulations, very exciting! But how does going to Wyoming relate to asking your dad? The surprise was supposed to happen while in Wyoming right?
Lisa