Friday, June 29, 2007

Random annoyances

I play on a softball team. Last night was our last game...we actually took second place overall so it was fun because for most of us it was our first time ever playing softball. This weekend our team is playing in a 48 hour goodbye to Don Mello park tournament. Basically it was our coach that said the team was going to play and then some of the team stepped up to actually play. Chrissy and I aren't playing...I am going out of town and she is going to the lake. Here's where my annoyances come in...

So our coach (also a guy we work with) wants to borrow our jerseys. On a normal day I would say ok cool. HOWEVER, he called me the other day and this is what he said..."hey we need your jersey this weekend so make sure you wear another shirt under it so we can just have it after the game"...did anyone hear a "can we borrow your jersey this weekend" in there? Me either...THEN he has the nerve to call me the next day and say hey I need your cleats too...uh hello I DON'T WEAR CLEATS!! I told him that I never got cleats and that I only had my tennis shoes that I wore. Well he wants his neice to wear them because she only has vans and stuff and she can't play in those...IS THIS MY PROBLEM?? NO!!! When he asked my size I said 9 which in tennis shoes is true but really I was hoping that I just overshot it high enough that her little feet wouldn't fit in them!

I called Chrissy and he had also called her. She made a good point that he is a man (no offense to other responsible men in the world) and he would never get our jerseys back to us. It's not like they were given to us we all paid for our jerseys and I"m not too keen on letting someone else borrow it to not be certain that we get it back. So last night at the game neither Chrissy nor I took an extra shirt. I said with the class we had yesterday and all I just forgot. Do you know what he actually says to me...did you bring extra shoes for Erica (no I already told him I didn't have an extra pair even though I do and that they wouldn't fit her...I don't share shoes with folks I don't know!) I said no, they won't fit her...he then says when she can just wear those ones! I got a little pissy and I said I dont' have any other shoes to wear home and we are going to Sparky's after this...she will have to go get her own shoes!

We got to Sparky's and he comes too...he just kept saying he was going to have to get with me today to get my shirt. I said you know they could just wear black shirts...there's no rule saying they have to match. He just wants the team to all match. So we leave and I think I am out of the clear...

HE CALLS ME AT 7:35 THIS MORNING!!! Is the shirt really that fucking important?? He goes so what are you doing today...I explained I had numerous errands to run and laundry to do for our trip this weekend. He goes well I'm going to have to meet up with you somewhere near south of town so I can get that...oh and by the way is it going to be washed because I don't want to give someone a stinky jersey! Are you fucking kidding me?? Let me get this straight...you want me to let you use my jersey, my shoes, my mitt and you want me to make sure these are all squeaky clean...UH NO!

This turned out to be way longer than I thought and sorry for all the rambling...but my god it's a shirt! It's not life or death! Would you guys have loaned out your stuff after hearing all the stuff he wanted...he's not exactly one to give stuff back either (he borrowed my school stuff once in October and I got it in MAY!!)

Your thoughts...

1 comment:

Jen said...

OMG if I were you I would have just totally avoided his phone calls. I would SO not cater to his needs. His nieces shoe issues are NOT your problem and that guy is nuts. Tell her to get some tennis shoes! Who the hell doesn't have TENNIS SHOES?! Gob.

Yeah... Did you end up giving him your shirt? I wouldn't have. I would have blown him off. But I am mean like that.