Thursday, July 05, 2007

Appalling

Many of my blogging friends have seen this site because almost all of them are moms themselves. If you haven't seen this site, it's certainly something to see if you plan on being pissed off and at a loss for words for the rest of the day.

www.helpmybabylive.com

Two people who think they need $50,000 in donations in order to raise their kid. They have said themselves, they don't need the $50,000 but it will give the baby the right start that THEY (the intelligent parents that have set up this site) think it should have...they also think they would be good parents. Go ahead read the site I'll wait.

Ok now that you are back and steaming mad, here is my question...who in the hell are the idiots actually donating money?? Since I first heard of the site they have raised another $3000! Whether this is a scam or a real couple truly believing this is the only way to have a child, why would you give them money???? You can't possibly be that dense to think you should help them with their child. Are they in turn going to help you...no.

Also, the hate mail section that they have set up is interesting. Some people write things like this blog just saying how appalling and absurd they are. Then there are people that take it to a whole new level and call them names like the N word or other racial slurs. Hello...you aren't being better than them. There is even one guy who says that this is brilliant!!!!

After all the blogs I read today about families losing their children, or think of baby Kaleb, I can't imagine how anyone would want to help two idiots that think people should donate for their pregancy!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

OMG- SERIOUSLY! I'm kinda poor right now, I KNOW! I will set up a paypal account so people can donate to the JEN NEEDS A NEW CAR FUND! Yeah... NOT!

Seriously that site disgusts me. I don't know who is donating to them but they are ridiculous.

Cristina Mathers said...

so true, i was totally at a loss for words when i found this. it's sick. i mean, we all struggle, but i would noever hold a baby for "ransom" in that way. thank goodness most people are appalled, i can't believe that anyone has donated a cent!

Anonymous said...

It's pretty much like "Give us 50,000 bucks or we'll kill our baby"... I was sooooo mad too when I saw it. And I was really shocked that so many people actually donated money... I'm just glad paypal decided to shut it down now. It's just sick what some people think of... :(

karla said...

I couldn't belive their hate mail either. You're right. Much of it was just was bad as their money scam. I think child services needs to be called if they go ahead and keep that poor baby.

So so sad.