Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Holy Waste of Money!

I'm watching Platinum Weddings on the WE channel and holy moly...I have never seen such ridiculousness! Here is a break down of the first girl and the money she spent:

20,000 - Crystals on the centerpieces
15,000 - The earrings she wore at the wedding
6,000 - wedding dress
60,000 - Ballroom for reception
10-14,000 - fireworks
500 - orchids
and there were 1,000 roses in each centerpiece and in the sweetheart table

I was upset there was no total at the end of the show...I mean this is just a small portion of what they paid and holy smokes!

The next one is still going and here is what she has so far...

7, yes I said 7 different dresses for her wedding day! (why?? what the hell are you going to do with all of them) One dress was 65,000 if she bought it but it was made or something and it was only now 35,000
16,000 on caviar -- they are having a 12 course meal
15,000 for 10,000 roses

Big wedding or small...I see no reason to spend this kind of money!

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

HOLY FUCK!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... why do people even think they have to spend this much money to make their wedding special??? That's a bunch of crap!

Jen said...

OMG- Wow. Are they paying for this themselves? I want to know what THEIR job is and then I will switch careers.