Friday, July 20, 2007

BLAH!!!!

Yesterday I hung out with one of my students from this past year. Interestingly enough, Stephanie works with her mom so I was actually able to see Steph when I picked up Justine. We came to my house for a while, then went and got my friend Chrissy's little sister Justie. We all went to lunch and went swimming. It was actually pretty fun considering I spent my day at an indoor pool swimming with the two girls. We were having races, flip contests all sorts of fun stuff. On the way home, we got ice cream and then we headed up to the University to drop Justine off. Fun day then turned into icky ca-ca!!

I get pulled over for "rolling through" a stop sign. Not blowing it or not stopping at all, apparently just not "completely" stopping. How embarrassed am I that I have one of my students in my car with me!! So he gets all my stuff and he is being way cool. The girls are telling me they won't tell their moms and I'm thinking, oh I'm telling Brenda when I drop Justine off because she is going to laugh at me! I tell the girls that I don't have any other tickets and that he is probably just going to give me a warning. OH CONTRAIR MU FRAIR!! HE GAVE ME A FREAKING TICKET!! How much could a stupid little ticket like that cost...I mean it wasn't a "complete" stop, but I at least "paused if you will" at the sign...$170!! WTF!! So he comes back to the car and says "the bad news is I'm going to have to give you a ticket...but what you should do is go to court, plead NOT GUILTY, and then ask if you can do traffic school so that it won't raise your insurance and all that fun stuff." So let me get this straight...you are giving me a ticket and in the same breath telling me to plead not guilty? Sounds to me like you should save yourself the time and $77 (because you know it cost $77 for him to write the stupid computerized ticket) and not give me the freaking ticket!!!!!!!! He also told me that they were cracking down there becuase it was becoming a high accident area and last month two accidents involved pedestrians.

The thing is I don't think I didn't stop. He told me that the odd thing was that I slowed down way before and that it looked like I was going to stop, but then I just kinda paused and rolled. I had two kids in the car and when I have kids in the car, I drive twice as safe as normal. I had NO idea what I was being pulled over for and actually thought that he was just trying to get around me. So when he came up and said that's why he was stopping me, I was rather dumbfounded because I have never paid attention to how I stop.

So my court date is Aug 30...fortunately Justie pointed out that I will be in class that day as school starts the 27! So I'm thinking ok, I'll just call and see if I can go earlier the week before or late afternoon that day....BUT OH NO!! You can't call you have to go down there and actually ask for the court date to be rescheduled.

Can they make this any more inconvienent and difficult? Seriously!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I didn't know you had to go down there! Ha! That sucks. I am sorry for laughing yesterday but it was so funny. I would be so pissed too.

misguidedmommy said...

ALLI JUST GOT ONE OF THESE, I GUESS IT WAS FREAKING 4 DEMARITS. SO SHE WENT TO THE ATTORNEY GUY FOR THE TRAFFC COURT AND GOT IT REDUCED ALONG WITH HER FINE. YOU SHOULD FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THAT

Anonymous said...

Ugh that sucks... I am sorry... Cops here are so freaking stupid about stop signs. He could have at least just given just a warning as you did not run the stop light altogether...
I would be really mad too!!!!

Jen said...

Eww!! My sister just got TWO tickets for making an illegal left-hand turn. She went to court the other day and they threw one of them out but she still has to pay the other one... Boo! Ugh- you shoulda CRIED!! TOLD HIM YOUR DOG JUST DIED!! SOMETHING!!

Shazy said...

This takes me back to the summer before our Senior (????) year. Basque festival! Remember? Remember??