Tuesday, July 31, 2007

25 years

When I was little, like 8, I figured that by the time I turned 25 I would be married and have at least one baby, maybe even two. I knew I would be done with college and figured my husband and I would be living in a nice house with a cute yard. I said I was 8 when I thought this.

So here I am today, turning 25, not married with no kids! The start of my birthday has NOT been wonderful. My stupid cat decided that he needed to use my face as a launch pad or treadmill whichever way you would like to look at it. He scratched the hell out of my face, put a hole on my nose, and made my lip swell up like a freaking balloon. Because it is my birthday and I am a nice person...I will share with you the picture. Please be warned that it was taken at about 5:30 this morning, I was pissed, bleeding and very cranky that this was the start of my birthday. You must also swear to say that I look wonderful in this picture (just kidding you will all laugh your asses off)


Yeah so happy birthday to me...thank you Tiny. My lip is even bigger now and I am just hoping that it goes away before I have to go to lunch with my friends. I am going to go shopping today too. Dave got me a gift card to Old Navy...yay he's the best so that I could have a little shopping spree! He also got me some books that I have been wanting...some for me and then some that I really wanted for my classroom. So other than the cat needing exercise this morning...25 doesn't look so bad...even if it's not what I planned when I was 8.


5 comments:

Stephanie said...

You poor thing! I am not laughing at your pic at all.

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day. Enjoy shopping, lunch, and dinner tonight! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor you...
What is it with this year and crappy birthdays (or at least crappy starts of birthdays)????
I hope the rest of the day will be better. Have fun shopping :)

Jen said...

LOL! My HUSBAND'S CAT (I now refuse to claim her as my own cat) used my boobs as a launching pad a couple of days ago and I SWEAR it took ALL of my self control to keep from THROWING HER ACROSS THE ROOM!

Happy Birthday though!! Don't worry about the what you thought when you were 8 thing, When I was 8 I thought I would be a high-powered business exec by the time I was in my 20's.. But I am doing the opposite and doing the Mom thing... Go figure.

misguidedmommy said...

I SWEAR I'M NOT LAUGHING TOO HARD...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Excellent Parent said...

happy birthday, I love being 25!