Monday, August 13, 2007

3rd grade

I know I teach third grade and all but seriously do my friends have to act like they are students in my classroom? Chrissy, Christine and I all teach together. They teach 4th grade and I teach 3rd. I love them both to death, but I just don't understand something. Do you remember when you were little and your mom would tell you that three was a crowd? Or that sometimes you played nicely with one friend and when you added another one into the mix it turned into a disaster? Yeah that's how I feel, well how we feel.

Christine took last year off to have her baby. Totally understandable. However, she feels like she should have been missed like the queen of England. We all missed her and are thrilled to have her coming back to school. She was actually going to transfer schools and that would have sucked so I'm glad it didn't work out and she is staying with us! Our boss however doesn't know her that well yet. She was 7 months preggo when school started last year so she wasn't in her right mindset and he was a brand new principal trying to deal with running a school. They didn't get to know each other like we all have been able to know each of them. Christine very much needs to feel loved, and while we all love her, really we do, it's going to be hard on her this year because she feels like our boss doesn't "love" her. He will learn to as soon as he gets to know her...but she needs it now.

Chrissy is worried that Christine is going to be jealous of our friendship. I knew Chrissy before I knew Christine even if I only knew her as an acquaintance. Dave was friends with Chrissy long before me (small world huh) and always enjoyed hanging out with her. Christine is 10 years older than both of us and Chrissy is my age. I think Chrissy is silly in thinking this, but I have a feeling she is going to be right. We always hear comments about how the boss likes us (and he does!) and all that stuff. Hello, he got to spend a year with us! He will see all the great things she does this year and will like her just the same.

It just reminds me of that advice...two's company and three's a crowd. I feel bad because I don't want either of them to feel uncomfortable and I think it would be silly if they did.

Wow what a rambling post...that made much more sense in my head than when it hit the cyber world!

No comments: