Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dinner and drinks (drinks being very plural)

Ugh what a night. I clearly remember now why I don't drink very often. Then not drinking very often sucks because then one drink makes me feel like I'm out partying all night. Needless to say I didn't have just one drink!! Dinner was actually a lot of fun. We all met down at Buffalo Wild Wings and it was a nice little shindig. Surprisingly enough, all friends got along, including Teela and Eric who did by the way break up. I actually enjoyed having Steve and Jamie there and wasn't like ugh when are they going home!!! I think I am finally getting over Steve upsetting me (it was three years ago...not sure if I've blogged about why but here's the short version...we were inseperable friends...people thought was must be dating although this was never a thought that crossed either of our minds...then when my mom died he didn't even bother to call...he knew because his mom called him and told him at this football camp but he never called...therefore I was highly upset and our friendship went down the tubes). After the initial shock that I am going to spend time with this person, he is ok. He hasn't been bad lately, but I know that Dave doesn't spend as much time with him for me too so I want him to be able to hang out with Steve.

When we all got there I ordered myself a long island ice tea. Apparently I was wanting iced tea but really wanted to drink so this was a smart solution (NOT!). It was the strongest damn long island I have ever had! But hey it's my birthday so suck it up and drink it. Then Teela got me this shot and I seriously laughed and laughed at it. It's called a leg spreader! Where do they come up with these names...I mean at times isn't all alcohol a leg spreader??? So I had that and it was rather yummy. Then I asked Dave if I could have another long island ice tea (yep i was already buzzing and felt that i had to ask permission) and do you know what he said...YES! I believe the correct answer was no honey because you are going to hate yourself tomorrow if you have another one. But ok he said sure so I had 3 more!!! Then all the girls took a nice little shot to end the evening.

I do have to say I had a lot of fun though. This morning my head isn't feeling as much fun and I see that I mananged to read all of Jen's blogs last night and tell her repeatedly to kick the roommate girls ass!! While I do believe that she needed and ass kicking...Jen probably didn't need to be told 5 times haha!! Sorry Jen!!! I'll post a few pics later...in my cute new outfit with the jeans that love my butt!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe sounds like you had a fun night :)

Jen said...

Oh my gosh you totally cracked me up with your comments!! Seriously I thought they were hilarious because HONESTLY that is how I feel now.. Ugh even today (there is soo much more to the story) the stupid ex-roommates is emailing me about picking stuff up from our house that she has left for an entire MONTH and I just want to shred it all to bits and throw it away so she can't have it back.. but that wouldn't be very mature, now would it?

Stephanie said...

Lots of drinks makes for a very good time!!!! That is my kind of night for sure. Glad you had a good birthday!

Stephanie said...

Oh! And I can't believe you didn't tell me they broke up!!!!