Thursday, January 03, 2008

Chapter 1: College Life

As I said I was going to school the entire time Jonathan and I dated. I lived in the dorms my freshman year and while it was fun, I couldn't wait until I moved to an apartment! When school was done that year Jonathan moved down here and we got an apartment together. He worked graveyard and it was hard for us to spend much time together. I was busy with summer school and working too. Finally he got a normal shift in the fall and I started college again. This time there was a new guy in my classes. You have to understand that in the education major, there are very few guys. So when a new one walks into class it's like a jackpot! Anyway...Steve was in one of my classes up at TMCC in the spring and now he had transferred down to UNR. We had to do a few group projects together and we became fast friends. We decided that I would do one more round of summer school to catch up to him (he is a year older than me and transferred from Shasta college) so we would have the same credits and we could enter the actual program together. Up to that point we were busy just doing our prerequisites to get into the college of education. And so that's just what we did.

It was nice having someone to do all my classes with. And he wasn't bad on the eyes either. We had the exact same schedule. We would meet at my house in the morning, and go to class. We would go to lunch and then come back to my house to write lesson plans or do our homework for the day. On the weekends I would drive to Fernley and we would do our homework at his house. We did everything college related together...we might as well of been one student! Either way it was nice having someone to get through college with and it was nice having someone who seemed to care about me and want to spend time with me.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I always found it easier to do the work in college when there was someone to do it with. I am like that with most things though.

Shawna said...

It is so funny my sister is in school to become a special education teacher and she said the same thing about guys in her program. All the girls just drool over them because there is only 2.