Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Chapter 4: A New Friend Joins the Group

After I hung up the phone, I never gave this Dave guy another thought. He didn't live here and he wasn't part of our group of friends. In April of 2003, however, someone new joined our group of friends. And that someone was Dave.

Dave moved back from Arizona in April. He moved up here to go to school because Yuma didn't have the program he needed (thank god in hindsight!). I will never forget the night that I met Dave. It was Gillespie's birthday part this time. And boy were we having a party. As usual, Monica and I went up there with Steve except something was different when we went in the door. Gillespie was waiting for us by the door, waiting to reunite Steve and Dave and introduce me to my future husband! I so wish I had pictures, but I don't have a scanner and at that time I didn't use a digital camera. By the time we got there, I'm sure they had a few drinks in them. Steve and Dave caught up and Gillespie introduced him to me and Monica. He met Monica first and then Gillespie said "and this is the girl you talked on the phone to." Wow this was the guy I talked to...ok I could live with him joining our group of friends. If he is like he was on the phone, I could really like this guy. It was the first night that I felt like I had the confidence to actually let go of Jonathan and know there was something better out there. Only problem is we hadn't said 5 words to each other yet and here I was dreaming about the future. Slow down Sally!

We exchanged "hi's" and everyone headed for the kitchen to get drinks. Dave made me a drink and gave me a slam dunk of a line. "You are even prettier than Gillespie said." Holy shit did he just say that?? Yeah I fell for it hook, line, and sinker! ** I just asked Dave if he said that so he could try to get in my pants that night or if Gillespie had really told him this and he now can't remember. Therefore, I am going to assume that it was a line that he just used to weasle his way in! So much for love at first sight and sweet lines huh! Shithead! ** I spent the rest of the night talking and flirting with Dave. I was eating up all this attention he was giving me. It was everything I had been craving from Jonathan and what I was trying to milk out of Steve. Dave was making me feel like I was the most gorgeous girl in the room and he thought I was just great. Have I mentioned what his shirt said...First we get hammered, then I nail you. Nice huh! And that's exactly what he tried to do!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What was Steve doing this whole time? Was he not a little jealous that your attention was off him and on Dave?

Nice pick up line too, haha and even better shirt!

Shawna said...

"and that is exactly what he tried to do" so funny. Great pick up line, too.

Anonymous said...

you can go to a CVS and scan some picture from back in the day!! did your friends plan to hook you too up or did it just happen?