Wednesday, January 02, 2008

In which I gush...about Christmas?

Everyone has already blogged about Christmas and New Years and my lazy self can't get around to writing anything. The only thing I am faithful about blogging on is every Tuesday I make sure to log in and post my weigh in over on the Tuesday Tummy Tuck...but other than that I find myself staring at the screen going hmm...what to write. I guess I felt somewhat like Patty did (except for she writes creativly and such and I just blog to hear myself write!)

We had a really nice Christmas. We opened our presents here the Friday before and enjoyed our Christmas together. For the first time it felt like a real Christmas...maybe because I remembered to take pictures...maybe because we actually waited to open the presents till the night we were supposed to!! Usually we open our presents whenever we feel like because we don't have kids that we need to wait for...so we become the big kids and want to open our presents NOW!

Saturday morning we went to Winnemucca and spent four days up there. We played lots of games and just spent time together...again it was really nice. My sister and her family got a new computer which is wonderful because now maybe she will actually use it! Their old one was slow and it frustrated her to no extent and now she is getting better about using this one and they have only had it a week. We had a funny opening our presents...her and I got each other the same present! She kept asking me if we were brining two cars and I said probably we always do because Dave will come back. Well it was weird the way she asked so I thought why is it so important? Dave and I bought her a big picture frame...one like this...



I can't figure out how to turn it so tilt your head! When Dave loaded it up he said well geez it takes up the whole bed of my truck...when he said that I got to thinking that she bought me one to...sure enough we both bought one for each other! I told her that I really wanted one for our wedding so that I can put our wedding pictures in our room and do them in black and white. Then she started saying that she always wanted one of those for the kids' pictures and everytime she looked for one she couldn't find one. I said oh well I just saw one at Aaron's Brothers and so we both went and bought one!

For the first time, Dave stayed for Christmas Day. Usually he leaves that morning when we go to church to go to Fernley to have Christmas with his dad. Well this year we decided we would go to church that night instead of in the morning so it was nice to have a little more time with him. Well not wanting to make a 2 hour drive home kicked in and he decided to stay there with me. I think it's because his dad has a girlfriend this year and has someone to spend it with. It has never bothered me that he went back, but it sure was nice to have him there that day. And that night it was even nicer! We ended up taking my dad to the hospital after dinner. He was having trouble breathing and we knew he had quite the cold so my sister was afraid that it would turn into bronchitus again like he had in March. Sure enough that's what he had and they just kept him over night so that he could get his oxygen levels back up and they could give him some breathing treatments. Both my sister and I are lucky to have husbands (I can almost say that right) that care very much for our family. Her husband was wonderful when my mom passed and actually took it just as hard if not harder than the rest of us. That night he called work and took off the next day so he could stay home with the kids in case my sister needed to be at the hospital. When we called him the poor guy was pacing with worry. Dave was constantly texting me wanting to know if they were taking chest x-rays to make sure it wasn't pneumonia. So we are both very lucky. My dad got out the next morning and I stayed one more night so that there was someone at the house with him. He was doing much better and I'm glad he didn't have to stay in the hospital long because last time it depressed him a little bit.

This post was supposed to be the post in which I gushed...but it turned out to be all about Christmas...so that means that the next post will be all about the gushing.

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

that is hilarious about the picture frame...i love those frames and would totally buy one if i had a place to put it that brandon wouldnt try and climb it

Stephanie said...

Sorry about your dad! That is funny about the picture frame. My mom and uncle always buy the same cards for people.

Anonymous said...

How is your dad doing now? I hope he's doing better.

You are your sister were definitely on the same wave length.