Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Chapter 3: The Phone Call

Alright it's back to story time. As I said, Steve and I were pretty much a package deal by this time. We were all hanging out at Gillespie's house for Steve's birthday. A bunch of our friends were there and we were having a great time. Of course Jonathan wasn't there with me. He was doing something with his own friends or working. Didn't really matter to me because I was doing something fun for Steve. Everyone was well on their way to drunk and I was over course the designated driver. Everyone was in the garage playing beer pong and Gillespie was inside on the phone. I went in to go to the bathroom and he was like "here, talk to my buddy Dave."

I spent the next 20 minutes or so talking to something I had never met. He sure did sound cute (if that can really happen) and he sounded like he shouldn't have been friends with the heathens I was hanging out with. He seemed really down to earth and he had me laughing within the first 5 minutes. But this guy lived in Arizona and wasn't going to give me all those things that Steve was giving me emotionally. So I gave the phone back and went back to the garage to be near Steve. We ended up staying there that night and talking all night long. Steve told me that he knew I wasn't happy and that I should just dump Jonathan...I would clearly find someone else. I didn't have to stay unhappy because I was comfortable.

Little did I know the person on the other end of the phone was the person that I was clearly going to find very soon!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

What a unique first encounter.

Anonymous said...

You met over the phone! WOW how cute!