Monday, January 21, 2008

Chapter 9: Let the games begin

After our first little episode together, I decided that really I liked this guy. I started wanting to hang out with Dave even more than we already did. We all hung out on the weekends but that's when all of our friends were around. While that was nice, he certainly wasn't the guy he was around me when it was just the two of us. I would go to the shop where he works and see all the guys and hang out with him. Remember Steve worked there too so I wasn't blowing my cover just yet.

Dave and I continued to see each other on the side when we had time. I was the one going out of my way to make time, and he was the one that if he had the time, he had the time. But if not, no biggie. The whole time I was clearly falling for him. Everything about his was great...when it was just the two of us. But when everyone else was around, it was like I was non-existent. Well not that bad, but it wasn't the same. He would still do a few flirty things and I know our friends couldn't possibly have been that dense to not know, but it was our thing to keep it all a secret.

I had just started my student teaching and so I was seeing less of Steve and still going to the shop to see Dave everyday after I was done with school. One day our friend Eric was there and they were talking about going out that weekend. It was going to be a "guys" night and Monica and I weren't supposed to come. They did this shit to us often...and it was ALWAYS made into a huge deal leaving Monica and I to feel like shit. It always drove me more nuts because when they were out to have a guy night they were out to get laid. It was my understanding that Dave and I were sleeping together and we weren't sleeping with anyone else...no strings attached of course. Suddenly I started hearing about how Kelsey and those girls were going to meet them downtown...WAIT! I thought this was a "guy" night and what is the deal with Kelsey? Could he really be playing games with me right now? Was I really that blind to his signals and was I completely misinterpretting them to be the way I wanted? Little did I know that the games were about to begin!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

You have me reading from your palm so suspenseful.