Saturday, February 17, 2007

Alone on a Saturday

While Dave is out golfing today I cleaned the house. Not just like you know the weekly cleaning...like go through the cupboards and muck them out and then sort all the laundry and do the complete cleaning with scented candle to top it off. But today I decided when I was getting ready to mop the floors that I swear they are never clean. No matter what I use, no matter how hard I scrub, they never look clean. I think part of that is because of the type of flooring we have...it's like a funky linoleum I don't know. So today I went to my beloved Target and bought a Swiffer Wetjet. Oh yeah their commercial got me. Usually commercials don't make me want to go out and try/buy their products. But this commercial did. Want to know why?? On their commercial they show two different people mopping their floors. One with a mop and bucket and one with the Swiffer Wetjet...well then they let their kids loose in what must be brand new white socks and the kid on the mop and bucket floor still has gross stuff all over his feet...like the floors still wet and he picked up the nasty dirty water! However, the Swiffer Wetjet floor made his brand new white socks look the same. Oh yeah I ran right out and bought one!

I came home to use it and I will tell you it smells so wonderful in my house. I have yet to give it the white sock test, but when I was doing the bathroom I saw some left over wet stuff on the floor that had that nasty dirty water look...I cursed the commercial and me for buying something on an impulse for a silly reason, BUT...in the end...my floors do look much cleaner than they did with the mop and bucket! So maybe it was a good purchase!

See why I have no need for alone time? I don't do something for me I freaking clean!

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

I heart my swiffer wetjet. I've never noticed left over water though. I think swiffers are awesome. I rode my bike 7.2 miles today and I'm pretty sure tomorrow my legs are going to be mad at me for it. I got a little seat on my bike so Brandon can ride with me. He likes it. I should think about cleaning my house, but then I look at Brandon, all grubby covered in chocolate and I say, Self, why would you want to clean when he will just mess it all up again?