Saturday, February 17, 2007

Drama...there is no need for it!

So my alone Saturday turned into a nice Saturday with a few of my girlfriends and then has turned into Drama!

My friend Monica and our friend Steve's girlfriend Jamie were in town today so we all went to grab a late lunch and then visit at my house. Well while we are at lunch I get a text message from my infamous friend Eric...you know the one that I have referenced before in blogs. Well he TELLS me that we are all going dancing tonight. First of all, no one ASKED me if I wanted to go and I'm certainly not going to be told that I am going by him! I replied with a no, I'm not going dancing tonight. Now instantly I am feeling an annoyance towards Dave...I'm feeling an I told you so coming on (Shannon should understand that one) and I'm also feeling a twinge of anger because I hate having plans just made for me and I especially hate when it deals with this group of friends. Sad to say but our friends are drama! It is a rare occasion if we go out and there is no drama...even if it's little I swear there is ALWAYS drama...so I ask Eric who is going and he gives me the list of couples that are going. Have I mentioned that Eric and his girlfriend Teela have Valentine's day plans tonight because he worked late on Valentine's day? No ok well now you know and you will understand where her annoyances are coming from. Eric then tells me that everyone is going and it would be nice if Dave and I went...like because our entire group of friends is going out we are not obligated to go. You know like when your mom said you had to invite that one friend because you just had to it was polite...that's what it reminds me of. And of course I am going to feel like a huge bitch because I really don't want to go...I wanted to see a movie tonight and I'm kind of a homebody...I'm not big on going out "dancing" mainly because there is always drama involved!!!

But I have turned the cheek...see normally I would take this immediately out on Dave and ASSUME that he was the one that had most part in it...he hasn't text messaged me yet to say anything. I wrote Eric and said does Dave even want to go or did you just tell him he was going too? He of course responded that he wanted to go if I did...that translates into if you don't go everyone will think you are a bitch keeping Dave from his friends. Well if Dave really wanted to go, he can go...I'll stay home and avoid the drama. But back to the cheek turning. Because Dave hasn't written me I'm NOT going to take this out on him. I'm not going to be angry with him when he walks in the door and I'm not going to give him attitude. Instead I will just be nice. Now Eric's car is at our house and he is going to come in and try to tell me that I am going and beg us to go...HE might get attitude but not Dave. Because I know that this is all coming from Eric. It was Jamie's idea to go dancing and she hadn't even made solid plans yet. Eric just heard the word or maybe Steve said we were thinking about going dancing tonight and Eric then took it upon himself to invite everyone and tell us all we were going.

So I am proud of myself that I have made a conscious effort to not take it out on Dave. And if he REALLY does want to go and it's not just Eric talking for him then i will be more than happy to consider going. I just really don't feel like the drama...

Even Teela is upset and she swears she isn't going...which Eric has ruined their night and I think that's sad. She should be more important than dancing, but we shall see what happens! If I do go and there is good drama...please expect a GREAT posting in the morning!

1 comment:

angie said...

Wow! Where is all your good ASSvice! I was looking forward to that haha! Actually no one ended up doing anything so it turned out to be kinda drama free...I say kinda because our friends will always be drama!