Thursday, February 08, 2007

Today and Student Teaching

This is going to be a mighty short blog and it will be continued when I get home. I am in the computer lab with my kids right now and I had to send my student teacher out to duty. She is all huffy because I told her what was what earlier. She basically cut off my lesson because she felt that it was time to start math facts. Rule #1 as a teacher...sometimes lessons run over and you are flexible and you adjust. My principal said this morning if she can't get it together and she messes up my kids because she isn't doing her job she is out. He said we would have a coming to Jesus meeting...that translates into pull your head out of your ass and listen when someone tells you something. After school should be interesting because her and I are going to have a chat about how she does grades and how they aren't very important to her. Grades and Assessments are the most important thing a teacher can keep organized. I'm not usually a very organized person, but I will tell you what I would recite my assessments for each kid to you because they are so organized. That's rule #2 about teaching. I'm sure she is going to feel all stepped over when I tell her that when doing math facts it only confuses the kids when you give them the wrong answer in order to try to "trick them" into catching it because they got it right. Ugh she has a lot to learn. Look for more tonight!!

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

i would kill her. that is so unacceptable to teach children the wrong way. that would have scarred me for life as bad as i am at math. fuggg her