Thursday, February 01, 2007

Quincy...the new family member

Well after feeling like complete shit all day at school because I am pretty sure that my nose is going to fall off my face, I get a phone call from Dave. He calls to inform me that our friend Steve's parents have taken their dog (actually our friend Steve's dog) to the pound!! Now you have to understand that they weren't exactly nice to this dog. They might not feed him for a few days and he stayed outside ALL the time, no matter what the weather was like! You can instantly see my problem with the situation. Well Dave has always liked Quincy and thinks he is a good dog. They used him for hunting but he just wasn't as good as their other hunting dog. That's becuase they never practiced with him DUH!! So I can tell by the tone of his voice on the phone that this little dog is about to be ours. I asked if he wanted to go get him and he said yes. So we called his dad. See we can't have pets at our house unless we pay an extra $100 a month and even then she doesn't really like pets. Yeah I hide the cat! So Quincy will live at Dave's dad's house in Fernley until we get a different house. I think it will be good for his Dad because he will have some company now. Anyways back to the story. I call the pound in Silver Springs to see if he is there...he is so I tell Dave and he goes to get him. The lady at the pound is fuming because she knew Steve's dad was lying when he said Quincy was a stray...he just didn't want to pay the fee. I can't believe that someone would just give away their dog...not because they could no longer have him, not because he bit someone or did somethign wrong...but simply because they didn't want him. That's awful.

So Dave went to get the dog. He is going to stay at our house tonight...how in God's name that is going to work I don't know! Then Steve called me today. The totally screwed up part about this is that Steve didn't even know they gave HIS dog away to the pound! He just found out yesterday. While I think he is happy that someone nice like Dave got his dog, he is still really irritated that they just gave the dog away without saying anythin to him. Quincy is a registered, papered dog by the way. So now Steve is a little upset about the whole thing, but like I told him at least he is with someone you know. Steve thought they took the dog out and just shot him and that he didn't really take him to the pound. So at least they didn't do that.

I'll try to figure out if I can post some pictures later once I get a chance to take some. I hope he really is as good of a dog as they say he is. I told Dave if he should hurt my cat in any way...I will hurt Dave in MANY ways! It will be grounds for not talking to him for months!!!!

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

so glad that he is going to someone who will love and cherish him. you two did the right thing