Monday, February 05, 2007

Imagine my surprise...

Ok people I have some interesting news. I heard that on the superbowl that some guy was going to propose to his girlfriend. I waited the entire game of commercials to see what a $2.5 million proposal would look like in 30 seconds. Imagine my disappointment when the only thing that I saw was part of a Prudential commercial that had a guy showing a girl a ring and then she hugs him...hmm I'm thinking that can't possibly be the commercial that EVERY tv thing had been talking about. So I'm disappointed. Then I come home tonight and saw that there was something on the yahoo news about this girl that had an extreme proposal...ok this must be the video...well if it is, the damn thing won't load! Oh well I get over it and start clicking on all the links that are supposed to go with it about the best proposals, the most romantic, how to do it without spending very much money and so on. So of course this sets off the part of my brain that I have SWORN to turn off.

Dave is sitting on the couch. I was reading a thing at that time that was saying how you really need to know your girl and how she wants to be proposed to. If she isn't cool with having it done in front of everyone, don't do it in a major public place. If she is very formal go to a nice restaurant and blah blah blah. So I was going to drop the hint that I don't need some huge fancy dinner or anything like that...I want something that is special to us both. So this is how the conversation went:

Me: Honey, have you thought of a place where you want to propose at (I think that's what I said because I can' t remember after my utter shock).

Dave: Yeah.

Me: Oh well I was reading this article...WHAT?????

Dave: I said yeah I have.

Me: uh have you thought of a time? (yeah I am trying to find my question that will get me an answer to let me back down)

Dave: Yeah.

Me: Oh ok that's what I...WHAT?? Let me get this straight you have thought of a time and a place???

Then he goes what would you have said if I said no I hadn't thought about a place...I said I would have just read you the article! I wasn't looking to provoke a conversation about this. Imagine my surprise when not only he had been thinking about this and planning something but I didn't get a rude "I don't know" answer, an uncertain answer...I got a real answer with no prodding!!!!

Then the best part of the entire 3 minute conversation was that when I said that I didn't need a big fancy dinner blah blah blah he goes I don't give a shit where you want to be proposed to or what you want. I know when and where I want to propose to you and that's all that matters.

Um could someone please tell me where/when my boyfriend suddenly got a clear head and stopped being so afraid of all this stuff??? Like I said...imagine my surprise!!!!!!

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

it is 1:00AM I am up with a sick child, my eyeballs want to melt out of my head and I will write a more eloquent comment tomorrow, however right now I'm left thinking, OMFG when is going to happen someone tel me right now, is it tomorrow yet, omg omg omg i wanna know right now? Yeah Okay I'm so excited for you, eeeeeek, is it time now, how bout now, did he do it yet, how bout now, OMG OMG OMG

Life in a self-inflicted caffeine coma… said...

That is wonderful! Unfortunately though, I am not in as much shock as you are. I knew the time would come when he found utter clarity in his decision to propose to you. Did I not say, give it time Angelique? He will come around.

I am uber excited for you! Very excited.

Good ol’ Dave!

misguidedmommy said...

did it happen yet? how bout now? NOW! Gosh I'm so excited. Then when it happens you must post the entire transcript of the night WORD FOR WORD. Got it!

angie said...

you have my word that i will post it WORD for WORD!!