Monday, April 07, 2008

10-16

I went shopping this weekend...it was a great spot...everything was a really good deal? Dying to know where I went?

MY CLOSET!!!

My bed finally came...I must post a picture of that in a moment...I forgot to blog about it. We went out mattress shopping and we want to put our old mattress in the spare bedroom. Well we would have to move some things around and there is a big dresser in there. Dave said it was full of all my clothes...this translated into one drawer had some pants in it and the rest of the drawers were full of his upholstery shit! Anyway...I started looking through the pants.

Now as Shannon and I have clearly stated before, no sizes are the same. Just because I am now comfortably in a size 12 at Old Navy does not mean that the size 12 jeans in my closet will fit me...no of course not. In the drawer, I found that I had pants that were sizes 11/12, 12, 13 and my all time two favorites, an 8 and a 9!!! Well I looked at the 8s and just laughed...so far from that. But then I held up the 9s. I shit you not I they look like a size 0!!!! I was like when in the hell did I live in Reno and was that size? I really can't remember...it had to have been like my second year in college. I don't even know where I got these pants. I had this great plan on Saturday (see that's when I wanted to write this blog) to go and take pictures of all these pants and post them, but then I remembered how much I hated loading pictures on blogger and decided that you will have to use your creative imaginations! Back to the size 9s...they were seriously so small and I thought they looked smaller than the size 8s. I held them together and what do you know...the size 8s probably have at least 1/2-1in on each side making them bigger than the 9s! I tell you sizes are retarded.

I decided that if I was having this much fun in this one little drawer, my closet must be a haven. Yep...it was. We took all the pants in my closet out and I started trying them on. The sizes ranged from 10-16. And that is clearly the size I wear...10-16!! I have two pairs of pants that are 10s...both from Old Navy. One fits very nicely, the other I can't even get all the way up my legs...now you go figure that one out they are the same brand! Shorts that I bought at walmart that are a size 13 don't even remotely fit, and the other pair of shorts from Walmart that are a size 13 fit way looser than they did the summer I bought them. All my size 16s that I expected to be really big on me, not so much. They fit fine, just much looser through the butt and legs. So I know that I am losing weight which is really nice. But seriously anywhere between a 10-16? Could the range at least narrow itself a little!

All in all, I found like 5 new pairs of pants that I can use at school. Today I wore a pair and many people told me how skinny I looked in them. They are a size 13 and I haven't been able to wear them for at least 3 years. I also found a pair of capris that I know I haven't been able to wear for at least 2 years and they are a size 11/12. They fit the best out of anything I tried on and I was very excited because they were one of my favorite pairs of capris. It was rather fun going through my closet and seeing what clothes I had that haven't been worn forever because I grew out of them...no need for me to go spend money...there were new clothes hanging right there!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

There is this second hand store that I shop at all the time and it's really nice because they MEASURE the pants and then divide them into sizes. That way all the pants in the size 7 rack are generally the same size... the ACTUAL sizes on the jeans range from 4-10... crazy. And annoying.

Stephanie said...

Yay that is exciting!!! I have had the same problem with jeans not fitting the same even though they are the exact style and size. Very frustrating.

misguidedmommy said...

i did this same thing the other day and i was left with a bunch of shit that was too big, i now have 3 skirts 2 shorts 3 jeans and 2 capris and that is all THAT IS IT. i have to hurry and lose my 7 lbs so that i can buy some fricking clothes already

Anonymous said...

How fun finding new clothes without spending any money. But how freaking frustrating that is such a big variation in sizes.