Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chapter 21: I'm No Quitter...

Obviously I didn't give up. If I had given up that day, I wouldn't be where I am today with him. But I backed off even more. I went home that night and told myself that I was not going to let him "use" me or whatever the hell he was doing. I wasn't going to play the games, I wasn't going to let him run this little "relationship" that we had, and I certainly wasn't going to play second fiddle to anyone! So that meant that I had to not be at his every beck and call. If I got the text message to meet, I had to learn to say no. A few times of that and suddenly someones attitude was a little different!

I couldn't give up. Even with all that had happened, I knew in my heart of hearts that he had to like me. He wasn't really just using me (although at times it was easier to think that so that I could be mad at him and get over him). I really wasn't second best, rather he just realized what he wanted. He had to care about me, otherwise why would he have shared all that stuff about his parents divorce? That was him stretching out to tell me to work on him a little more. A little more time and he would come around. The question was...did I have the patience to give him this time? Did I have the patience to trust him again and to put myself back into him after how he had been about Janna?

You know the answer...you know the story doesn't end here!

No comments: